Chapter 22

I'm shifting back and forth as I clasp my hands together. I keep on pulling the hem of my dress down because I'm now sitting and exposing more skin. I can feel the cold wind and normally I will regret not bringing my coat but that is normal, what's happening right now is not normal.

He takes me to the swimming pool in the large backyard of Calum's. He sits on one of the swimming pool chairs and I sit on the other one in front of him. We didn't talk on our way here and we're still not talking. You can feel the building tension between the two of us but I'd rather to be this uncomfortable than to have him in the other side of the world. He's not even gone for weeks but this is already happening. How much more if he really stayed there for a few months then he'll be back?

"Hi." He breaks the silence, making me to look up at him.

I didn't realize until now how hot he looks in his outfit tonight. He's wearing all black and normally some people can't pull the 'all black' look without looking like an emo or something, but with Luke, damn. He's wearing this plain black shirt inside his black leather jacket. Of course, he has his signature tight black skinny jeans and his black vans.

"Hi." I reply. I face palm myself in my head because that sounds more like a squeal.

He chuckles. God, I've missed hearing his chuckle in person. "Say something."

"Tell me about the New Yorker you're dating." I tilt my head to the side, smirking.

"Well," He says. With the look in his face, it looks like he will go on with it. "She's beautiful, of course. She has this long ginger hair that I love. No, that's actually my favorite thing about her. No, no, one of the many things I like about her. She's very smart not just in school but also in life. She's so nice and... oh wait."

I raise my eyebrow at him. "What?"

Slowly, a smirk forms on his face. "I don't know that I'm describing you."

I can feel myself blushing as I look away, pretending to roll my eyes. Though deep inside, I'm screaming.

"That," He continues, making me to look back at him. "That's one of the many things I love about you. You always roll your eyes at me. You always glare at me. You always pretend that I'm annoying yo-"

"I'm not pretending!" I interrupt, giggling.

"And the way you always deny things when it involves on being soft to me. Yo act like you don't care about me and you don't like me, but honestly, you just don't want to admit that you found the good in me."

I shake my head as I smile. "You're still so full of yourself, Lucas."

"And that one too," He points out again. "God, thank you for doing the things I love about you because I keep on forgetting them. Well, yes, that one. I don't know how many times you've said that I'm so full of myself but I want you to know that it is only to you. And god damn, the way you call me Lucas. It's like music in my ears that every time you sa-"

"You're so cliché, Luke." I interrupt again, now laughing hard, throwing my head back as I do.

"And the way you laugh at cliché things, pretending that you don't find it sweet at all, but deep inside, you're a seventeen year old girl who finds these things amusing and heart melting."

I finally give up on cutting him off. Smiling, I simply stare at him. I'm reminding myself that this is the Luke who threatened to hurt me on my first day of school, the Luke who can't even stand inches near me, the Luke who will do anything just to piss me off, the Luke I punched because I was so mad, the Luke who shouted at me when he found out I was eavesdropping. And thinking about all of that, it's just making me to blush even more because now, here he is, sitting in front of me, confessing the things he loves about me.