Chapter 31

A few days after that encounter with Luke and Selena in a shop, it's Saturday. No classes, supposed to be happy and fun but with Calum's plans to have a lunch with all of us made things to go around. I'm thankful that Luke and Selena have a date today. I've never been grateful that Luke's dating someone rather than me because I don't think I'm up for his games today.

He has been making me jealous since that day at school. I've been told by Michael that Selena is homeschooled then she will drop by at the school after our class so she and Luke can go somewhere. It's like their normal little routine after school.

I mean, I don't have problems with that since I know I'm moving on, but seeing your ex-boyfriend with his current fiancé making out at your own locker after school? And every time you'll see them, literally every time, they're either kissing or hugging or holding hands or just with their hands at each other. I don't want to assume at first that Luke was just doing that to make me jealous, but I'll be dumb if I didn't admit that he's doing that on purpose.

"So." Michael chirps as he clasps his hands together on the table. "The usual orders?"

This lunch is obviously awkward. Mia is with us too and I don't really get the purpose of inviting us all so he and Sam can talk about the whole pregnancy thing. I bet it's for moral support or advice. Not that we're expert here or anything but it is that they both can't do it alone. They need their friends. They need us.

"Yes, of course," Ashton replies, chuckling awkwardly. "Me and Mia will order. Come, baby."

I look down at my lap as I stifle a laugh. We will all do anything to escape the awkward and intense air between all of us. Sam and Calum haven't said a word to each other since we've arrived.

"This is so awkward," Michael whispers to my ear. Sam is sitting beside me while Calum's on the opposite chair while Mia and Ashton are seated in front of Michael and me. "I wish Luke's here.

"Why?" I ask as I furrow my eyebrows at him.

"So he can say something sarcastic and break the awkward tension. You know him." He says.

Well, he's right. I bet Luke would say something offensive or sarcastic about the two of them and it will force them to finally talk. Not right now where they're looking everywhere just to avoid each other's stares and it's not just them, but it's also affecting us.

"Um." I mumble awkwardly as I play with my fingers under the table. "Talk."

Michael snickers beside me then quickly covers his mouth with his hand. I glare at him then he fakes a cough. Rolling my eyes, I focus back to Sam and Calum. Calum finally has the courage to look at Sam. Please just talk.

"Guys." Sam stares at us. "If you don't mind, can you sit in another table?"

If this is a normal lunch for us, I will surely be offended and act like I'm piss, but Michael and I immediately stand up from our chairs and smile warmly at them. I'm already on my way to the table nearby, but I can hear Michael saying something like, "The pleasure is all ours."

Michael plops down on his chair then Ashton and Mia join us later on. We're not in Nando's today. We just decided to go in some diner since Michael said that we can't eat together in Nando's if we're not all happy. At first, I was a bit confused at what he said until I thought about it and finally got it. Well, if that's really the matter then I guess we're not eating together at Nando's ever again because I will never be happy if Luke and Selena are around. Or even if it's just Luke.

"Why did you guys transfer here?" Ashton asks.

Michael glares at him. "Don't act like you don't know why and it's Sam who requested it. I guess they want to talk with us still here but privately."