Chapter 7

"What is he doing here?" I ask as I point to Calum sitting on her couch with his feet prop up on the center table. He's watching football and has a bowl of chips on his lap. He glances up at me and gives me a smile before bringing his eyes back on the television.

"Oh, I didn't tell you Calum is here?" Sam asks as she sits beside him.

I roll my eyes as I sit on the other couch. "You didn't. I thought we'd be alone."

She fakes a pout and says, "So you wouldn't have come if I told you Calum was here?"

"Don't be dramatic, Sam." I reply, smirking a little.

"What exactly happened yesterday?" She asks as she tucks her foot under her leg. "I want to know the full detailed story, please."

I take a deep breath before explaining what happened. "So, I was with Ashton." I get Calum's attention on that one. "We were both headed home. Obviously he has a car so we separated at the entrance, so while I was walking I didn't notice this thin rope waiting for me so I tripped and hit my knees and arms first and that was how I got these scratches. Anyway, after that, some students started throwing eggs and flour at me. I didn't even bother to sit up or to stand because I knew I was too weak to try to run with the scrapes on my knees." I take another deep breath before continuing. "Then Luke came and made them stop, I saw him punching some guys before coming to me and he carried me to his car. I actually thought he was just carrying me to the nurse but he told me he was driving me to his house where he cleaned my scratches then he went out to get us some food, but I accidentally drifted off to sleep. That was all."

"Wow." Sam mumbles. "You're not even friends, but you already slept on his bed."

I shake my head as she laughs. "Stop, Samantha. I swear to god if you tease me about that, I'll kill you."

"Wait, what do you mean you and Luke are not friends?" Calum asks, finally paying full attention to me.

I shrug. "Um, we're just not friends?"

"You mean," He says as he shifts position on the couch, bringing his feet down. "After all the time we've spent together - and even when you and him spent time alone- you guys are still not friends?"

"Calum." I sigh. "Let's just not talk about it."

He simply nods. "Anyway, those students who bullied you yesterday are expelled."

My eyes widened. I mean, surely what they did to me was something very harsh and not right, but I didn't expect them to be expelled from school. Yes, I want justice for what happened to me but not like that. How will their parents feel about it? I'm not that evil to do that to somebody.

"B-but how?" I stutter, still confused. "I mean, how did it happen?"

"Luke talked to the principal." He smirks.

"Just that?" I ask in unbelief. "He just talked to the principal and that was it?"

I know they have such power in school, but I didn't think they could just talk to the principal to get someone expelled.

"You mean, my mom?" Calum chuckles. "Yes, Luke just talked to my mom and that was it."

"What the fuck." I mumble, still baffled. "Sam, why the fuck didn't you tell me that the principal is Calum's mom?"

She raises her eyebrow. "I didn't tell you that? Oh, I'm sorry."

Calum waves his hand off. "Don't worry about it. It's no big deal."

"No big deal?" I exclaim. "You just got like ten or more students expelled!"

"Relax." Calum says. "It happens. It's not the first time and definitely not the last time. Get used to it."