Chapter 33

It's been a few days since Noah and I fully mated but instead of celebrating that fact, we've been preparing for the upcoming attack.

I got word from the council that they'll be visiting my old pack soon and arresting the necessary people, which include Jacob, James and the Alpha. They also told me that Kiera and Layla will be put on trial also.

So that's some weight lifted off my shoulders and we're one step closer to being able to relax and to stop looking our shoulders constantly.

But there's still an attack we have to worry about.

Right now I'm training with Zander while Noah is training the pack warriors. Zander and I have been practicing our powers as well as fighting.

"Stop holding back Zander! I'm not going to break" I huffed in frustration as I easily dodged another one of his punches.
"I don't want Noah to come after me for hurting you" he rolled his eyes and ducked away from my kick.

I stopped moving and glared up at him while he crossed his arms over his chest. I was about to open my mouth to tell him off but I felt bile rise up my throat and I crouched down, vomiting onto the grass.
Zander quickly held back my hair and rubbed my back soothingly.

I sat back on the grass and wiped the side of my mouth with my jacket sleeve.
"Are you okay?" Zander frowned in worry as he rested his hand on my forehead, checking my temperature.

"I'm fine" I grumbled now feeling extremely tired. Zander picked me up in his arms and began carrying me back to the pack house.
He gently placed me on the kitchen stool and got me a glass of water, which I happily gulped down.

Noah then walked into the kitchen with a happy smile but it dropped when he saw me.
"What happened?" He asked as he cupped my face and checked me over for injuries.
"I'm fine Noah really. Just got a little light headed" I told him, trying to ease his worry. I could feel Zander staring at me but I ignored him.

"Go upstairs and take a nap sweetheart. We'll handle everything for a while"
"No. Honestly Noah I'm feeling better"

And I was feeling better. The water helped ease my stomach and I wasn't feeling as tired anymore.
"Fine then but you're staying with me so I can keep an eye on you" he frowned then pecked my forehead.
"Well I'm not complaining" I joked, trying to lighten the mood.

Noah smiled then turned around, gesturing for me to get on his back which I did. I waved to Zander and mouthed to him that I'm fine and to stop worrying. He frowned in reply but nodded anyways.

Noah then carried us outside and towards Luke and Charlotte who were observing the training.
"How's it going?" Noah questioned and stopped beside Luke. I smiled at him in greeting and he nodded back.
"Good. I think having the vampires training with them has helped" Luke explained.

"Do you think we'll outnumber them considering we have the vampires as well?" I wondered as I rested my chin on Noah's shoulder.
"I think we will but there's no knowing for sure Luna" Luke replied.

"Luke how many times have I told you to call me Lily" I laughed.
"Sorry Lu- Lily" he corrected with a chuckle. I looked at Charlotte to see her smiling at me with a twinkle in her eyes.

"I'm going to look for Marie and Sophie to check up on them" I announced and slid off Noah's back.
"But Lily, I need to keep an eye on you in case something happens" my mate frowned with worry.
"Charlie will go with me?" I suggested and looked to her for confirmation and she nodded.