Chapter 20

A thought occurred to me this morning while Noah was helping the pack train.

If my fath- Jacob were to come back and take me away I should be able to defend myself and my pack if need be. But the thing is, I have no experience in fighting.

None.

So since I'm the Luna of this pack and I may be in danger of my past coming to take me away, I figured I should be prepared.

If I was a normal pack member in my old pack, I would've started to train once I shifted which would've been around the age of 13.
But I wasn't a normal pack member therefore got no training.

With that thought in mind, I hopped off my bed and went to change. I changed into a pair of running shorts and a tank top then threw my hair up into a ponytail.

I skipped down the stairs and walked towards the pack house which was a five minute walk.
I arrived and waved in greeting to pack members I met along the way to the training grounds.

When I arrived all the pack members were paired up doing hand-to-hand combat. I looked around for Noah and began walking towards him when I spotted him.

"What are you doing here Lily? I thought you were asleep?" Noah frowned as he hugged me in greeting. I hugged him back and looked up at him.

"I want to train to fight" I told him.
"What?" He asked, shocked.

"I want to learn how to fight. I want to learn to defend myself. My whole life I've been abused and couldn't defend myself. Now I have the opportunity to learn and I want to. I also want to be able to fight for our pack and defend them in time of need" I told him as I looked towards our pack members who were fighting.

"I guess you have a point. I'll train you personally after this ok? You can watch for now to see how it's done" he smiled and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.
I nodded and smiled thankfully at him before turning my gaze back to the pack members.

Two hours later training finished and they all thanked Noah before heading into the pack house for something to eat.
"Now lets go and get you started" Noah announced and led me through the woods. I looked at him curiously wondering why we were going somewhere else to train.

We arrived at the clearing that he showed me a while ago. The clearing where he and his sister used to go together.

"First we're going to do a warm up. Run around the clearing ten times then do 20 sit-ups, 20 push ups and 30 jumping jacks" he ordered then gently pushed me to start running.

After finishing the laps I came back and did the other warm ups.

"Now stand in front of me and raise your fists" he instructed as he showed me what to do and I did what he said.

"I want you to punch me" he said and my jaw dropped open.
"I can't punch you!" I exclaimed.

"Don't worry, I can take it. Now punch me" he smiled. I groaned in reply but readied myself.
"I'm sorry" I said before concentrating on all my power and punching his stomach.

I gasped when he flew backwards and crashed into a tree.
"Noah!" I yelled and ran to him. He coughed as he crouched on the ground.