Chapter 8

"You ready to go shopping?" Noah asked quietly after waking me up from a peaceful sleep.

I nodded and smiled at him then went to the bathroom to have a quick shower.
After I finished my shower, I changed into a pair of Charlotte's jeans and one of Noah's shirts.

The room was empty when I stepped out so I quickly grabbed a jacket and shoes then slipped them on.
I left my hair down and brushed my teeth then skipped downstairs and into the kitchen.

There was a plate of freshly cooked waffles with a note, saying my name, beside it.
I guessed they were for me so I began eating.

There was no sign of Charlotte or Noah when I finished so I decided to go check his office.

I washed my plate and traveled slowly upstairs, listening for any sign of them. I heard mumbling on the opposite side of Noah's office door so I knocked quietly and suddenly the talking stopped.
I waited a few seconds before entering and I saw Noah sitting behind his desk looking worried and Charlotte and Luke sitting in front of him with the same facial expressions.

When they saw me they quickly replaced their worried expressions with a smile and went to stand up.

"You ready Lily?" Noah asked, smiling tightly. I looked at them all, frowning, with curiosity in my eyes.

I know they knew what I was waiting for but they didn't say anything.
I crossed my hands over my chest and raised an eyebrow as I looked between them all.

Charlotte was the first who cracked then Luke. We all look expectantly at Noah, waiting for him to explain.
He groaned and rubbed his hands over his face.
"Ok, but before we talk about anything, can I ask you something first?" He asked, looking slightly worried.

I nodded my head reluctantly and motioned him to continue.
"What was the name of your previous pack?" He asked. I visibly gulped but slowly moved forward and took the notepad and pen and wrote down the answer then showed him.

He mumbled something under his breath and looked up at me after placing the notepad down. I looked at him expectantly, waiting for him to explain.
"I got a call this morning after I finished making you breakfast and it was the Alpha of the Redmoon Pack" he began.

I looked up at him wide eyed, my eyes showing nothing but fear.
He took my hand and brought me over to the couch he had in his office and sat me down on it while he crouched in front of me. Charlotte and Luke then left to give us some privacy.

"He called me saying that his third-in-command's daughter had gone missing and they asked if they could come to my pack and look for her" he explained sadly.

"I asked him the name of his daughter so he could save the trip down here and I'd tell him if I've come across anyone with the name. He told me her name was Lillian" he continued.

I looked up at him, my breathing heaved and face went pale. He took both my hands and looked me in the eyes.

"Although you never said anything, I had my suspicions about your old pack treating you badly so when he said it was you, I told him that I hadn't come across anyone with the name and if I did, I'd let him know"

I let out a small breath of relief but regretted it when he continued.

"But" he hesitated and looked up at me again "he insisted that he and his delta come down and check themselves to be sure. I'm sorry baby but I would've sounded too suspicious if I kept putting off the visit. I'm so sorry."