Chapter 30

Marie and Sophie^
•~•~•

"Wake up!" A familiar voice yelled then I felt something cold splash all over me.

I shot upwards and whimpered as pain instantly spread throughout my chest. I guess my ribs were still healing from the beating I received yesterday.
I looked up to see Jacob holding a bucket with a triumphant smirk on his face.  

I think I've been down here for maybe two or three days. Everyday someone would come down with two slices of bread and a glass of water and that would be our meal for the whole day, nothing else.

"Ugh. What the hell do you want now?" I groaned as I sat up straight on the lumpy mattress. My whole body still felt weak and my head was pounding painfully.
I'm impatiently waiting for whatever damn drug they used to wear off so I can get out of here.

"I want to catch up on lost time dear" he smiled mockingly. It was then I noticed he had a box laying beside him.

I looked towards Marie to see her clutching a terrified Sophie. I frowned at their frightened faces and turned to glare at Jacob.
"I'd rather not" I replied with a tight lipped smile.

"That's not your choice to make" he shrugged then closed the cell door behind him and bent down to open the box.

"Guys close your eyes and cover your ears" I ordered Marie and Sophie. Marie frowned while her sister whimpered. I shot them a stern look before Marie hesitantly nodded and turned them both around then covered their ears.

"Oh I see you made friends with your neighbours. Don't worry, I won't leave them out of the fun" he smirked as he twirled a knife in his hand.
"Don't you dare touch them" I snarled.

"You can't stop me" he hissed before landing a punch on my cheek. My head shot to the side then he landed a kick to my stomach which sent me flying backwards.
I placed my cuffed hands on the floor and tried standing up but a kick to my stomach made me fall onto my side again. I groaned as my almost healed ribs snapped again.

"You deserved every punishment I gave you. And you'll deserve everything else to come you little bitch" Jacob sneered as he plunged the knife into my leg. I bit my lip to stop the pained screamed from escaping.

"W-why?" I coughed, "why do you hate me so much?" I gritted through my teeth as I tried controlling the pain.
"It's your fault my mate died" he spat.

"It's not. I was a fucking child with no fighting experience. I did what she told me to do. I ran to get help" I replied with a glare.

"My mate died protecting you. She died protecting someone else's child! My mate died protecting a worthless bitch!" he screamed then took another silver knife and stabbed it into my shoulder.

A scream escaped my lips from the immense pain. I felt a whimper bubble up in my throat but I didn't let it leave my mouth.

"You're a coward. You treated me like your own daughter but when your mate died you treated me like scum" I paused then said something I knew would set him off, "your mate would be so disappointed in you. She would hate you right now"

He let out the most furious growl I've ever heard from him before punching me in the face.
Punch after punch, kick after kick, stab after stab, he didn't stop until I was barely conscious.