Chapter 18

Can your life get any weirder? Getting kissed by a stranger on the train, check. Get an heir of a super rich family as your boyfriend, check. Said boyfriend is a half-werewolf with super strength, check. The boyfriend's mother and brother are psycho witches, check. Your mom is a were-fox, check. Saw a talking fox?

"Check," Asato said unconsciously continuing the trains of thoughts in his head. Damian look at him weird and back to the talking fox.

"Welcome back Asato Anders," the orange slash white fox said.

"He just said my name right? Or am I just hearing this in my head?" Asato ask his fiancé insecure.

"Don't worry, I heard it too," Damian half embrace the omega against his chest to calm him, Asato like how the alpha could still stay calm and being sweet to him at times like this.

"I apologized, maybe this form is too strange for you mortals to see," the fox tell him as a gust of wind surround the animal and the fox is replaced by a young Japanese man with long white hair wearing the local shrine's priest clothes. His ruby red eyes shines bright and his pale skin glows.

Asato and Damian stare at the man before them in awe. Asato tried to calm himself down, he reminded himself that he had seen everything, nothing will ever weirded him out anymore.

The white hair man immediately bow politely, "I'm Inari, I live in that shrine over there," he said pointing towards the small shrine near the cemetery.

Asato cover his mouth in shock, "Inari?"

"Yes, your mother, Reiko, was one of us," Inari said gesturing to the foxes surrounding them.

Hearing these kind of things making Asato happy, his mother was a very secretive person, no friends and barely goes out, when Michael told him that she was actually a kitsune, Asato realized that he didn't really know his own mother after all. Now knowing someone that has a long history and connected with his mother, the omega is relieved.

"What brings you to us?" Damian ask still feel suspicious of the fox god, deep inside, he just felt threatened by the amount of the kitsune surrounding them.

Inari pick up the little box he presented just now and put it into Asato's hands, "Now, this is to congratulate both of you."

Asato smiles at the gift, "Engagement gift? Sweet! Thank you!" the omega thank the Inari, but the fox god just look at him confused.

"Anyway, let's go inside, and talk," Inari smiles and escort the couple into his shrine, followed by the bunch of foxes behind them.

Damian watch some of the foxes transformed themselves into human wearing the local monk's clothes, they are running around the small room to serve them hot tea and sweets as the trio starting to talk. The alpha didn't realize that Inari's deep red eyes are staring at him.

"A werewolf," Inari begin making Damian turn his attention to the Shinto god. "It's been three hundred years since I've seen one," he said staring at Damian with fascination.

"There are werewolves too here in Japan?" Asato asked amazed by the new knowledge.

"Oh yeah, everyone's here. Werewolves, witches, vampires, ghouls, youkai, you name it, but in Miyagi, we only have kitsune, we have been protecting this land for thousand of years," Inari said proudly.

"What do you know about my mother?" Asato finally ask the question he has been wanting to asked.

Inari stare at Asato curiously but then smiled, "She was my best friend, we were born on the same day in this shrine, we have been protecting it ever since. Reiko was mischievous sometimes, but she was the kindest fox god we had ever known. We called her the Goddess with a Heart of Gold."