Chapter 17

Asato put in his small pouch for toiletries into the suitcase and stand up, ready to go. He exit his and Damian's small apartment, descending down the steel stairs, he look down to find Damian is below with a few other people they know.

Rossa is literally bawling hugging Damian's waist, Damian hugging his sister back trying to comfort her. Hubert is stand ing not too far from them, he is wiping his tears with a handkerchief watching his young master.

"Let's get those to the cab," Michael said as he grab the bags in Asato's hand.

Asato smiles as he look around for Gabby, he found her and he could see his best friend also crying, Evan is nowhere to be seen since he dropped out of the university a year ago, Asato and Gabby hugged tightly before she pull away and notice something. She has her hand on top of a bandage on the back of Asato's neck.

"You're mated?" Gabby ask with high screeching voice turning all heads towards them.

Asato grab on his nape and blush, he nod as both Samantha and Michael approach him to congratulate the omega.

Michael put his son's hands in his staring straight at him, "Are you sure about this?"

Asato smiles at his father's worried face, "Yes, dad. If we moved to Miyagi, the council won't get to us. You said that Japan is off limits to the supernatural council."

Michael sigh, "I know that, but I have worked for them all of my life, hence I was born in their dungeon and raised there, I know well that sometimes they took risks just to get what they wanted. The elders also has been replaced recently, and there might be some changes here and there."

"Dad," Asato lift the scarred face up, "my fiancé is a werewolf with super strength and is immune to wolfsbane," he explain, "he almost killed an alpha for me, do you think he will let any harm come to us? I don't think so."

"Stop bragging," Michael roll his eyes.

"How are you and Vlad?" Asato suddenly ask making the beta taken aback but blushes furiously.

"I don't want to talk about that idiot alpha," Michael said childishly. It seems both of Asato and Damian's fathers are not just a usual sleeping friends like they said, Asato is sure that there's more to it but it's a story for another time, and they definitely don't want to know.

Asato roll his eyes at his father's change of attitude every time he brought up anything about Damian's father to Michael.

Michael pull Asato into a tight hug, "Now get inside the cab before I change my mind to make you stay!"

Asato chuckle as he put a kiss on his father's cheek before getting into the vehicle.

"Damian, can I talk to you for a second?" Michael ask gesturing the alpha to come to him.

Now they're face to face, it's still kind of awkward, Michael sometimes wanted to snap because Damian looks so much like his father and they're having a fight right now, so with a similar face in front of him kind of making him cranky all of a sudden.

"I was going to say something like all those armed fathers do before sending their teenage daughters to their first date or prom, but both of you are adults now," Michael started, he put his hands into his pocket, "I have been absent from that boy's life than ever, so I've got no rights to decide anything for him, because it's already too late."

Damian listens intently urging the beta to continue.

"I just wanna say that as long as he's happy, I don't mind at all. You've been doing a good job, staying by his side all this time. Now that both of you had decide to settle down, I'm glad Asato chose you to be with. You know, I can't contact you anymore after you got there but, I still can accept those old-fashion postcards or letters, so feel free to write me anytime," Michael finishes his speech.