Chapter 21

Four years later
Beys pov

"Ma I didn't do anything wrong, the teacher is the one that was coming at me the wrong way"

I looked over at Chris as he looked down at his phone that I decided was a good idea to get.

Chris you know how Your mom feel about disrespect, and this is the second time this week we've gotten a call about your behavior.

"So your telling me the teacher can say whatever she wants to me, and I can't say anything back?!

Chris your my oldest, your supposed to be an example to those around you.

Just because someone says something to you doesn't mean you have to have the last word, and plus you got suspended for two days do you not know I have a job?

Chris rolled his eyes and looked out the window.

Aye boy ima let that slide because your with me, but if I see you do that to your moms I'm going to beat you like you don't belong to me understand?

Yes ma'am he said not daring to look up at me because he knows I don't play that.

I sighed and continued to my house.

After five more stop lights and a few turns, I pulled up to my house to see Nicki's car in the small circular driveway.

I put the car in park and looked at Chris before he got out.

Look baby boy you already know whats going to happen when you get in the house so just take it like the man I trained you to be ok?

"Ok Ma"

That's my boy, but give me your phone because you know your mom is going to except me to do something to you.

He handed me his phone and got out the car waiting for me.

I slide his phone in my dress pocket and walked around to his side.

I hugged him tightly then kissed his forehead, mama loves you and don't ever forget that I said looking into his eyes.

I know ma can you stop making me feel like a punk he said pushing me in a playful way.

I chuckled at him but got back serious once I realized Nicki was going to swear up and down I was babying him.

Once we step in through the door, it was like you could feel the wrath of Nicki.

I put Chris behind me and followed the heat which was coming from the living room.

Hey baby we're home, Nicki stood up so quick you would have thought someone said there was food for her.