Chapter 23 - The Exceed's Out Of The Bag

Lucy was frozen on the spot and looked at the other side of my flat, she placed the basket she was carrying on the ground.

"What the hell?" Lucy questioned.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Akari, you left your clothes scattered everywhere." Lucy said as she picked my clothes up and folded them.

"Oh, sorry. I just wanted to jump into bed quickly." I replied as I tucked myself up under my duvet cover.

Laxus was extremely lucky, he just managed to fit himself into my wardrobe in the nick of time as Lucy entered my flat.

"I'll put them away for you." Lucy said as she walked towards the wardrobe.

"No." I said abruptly as I sat up in my bed.

"What?" Lucy asked.

"I mean. Um, just leave them on my chair over there, if that's alright." I said awkwardly as I tried to recover from my mistake.

"Oh, okay." Lucy replied.

Lucy sat at the edge of my bed and felt my forehead.

"You do feel a bit hot, maybe you have a fever." Lucy suggested.

"Maybe." I replied quietly.

"It's weird, you seemed alright this morning when I saw you." Lucy mentioned.

"Yeah, I don't know, I started feeling a bit hot after lunch so maybe it developed from then." I explained.

"Oh dear, I hope you feel better soon. Is there anything I can get you before I leave?" Lucy asked.

"No, I'll be fine thank you." I replied.

"Okay, I'll be on my wa-" Lucy paused suddenly.

We both heard a noise coming from my wardrobe which, sounded like a sneeze.

"What was that?" Lucy questioned suspiciously.

"My flat is haunted by a ghost." I said loudly.

"Woooooo." Laxus said, trying to imitate ghostly noises.

What an idiot...

"That doesn't sound right... are you hiding something?" Lucy interrogated.

"No, what could I be hiding?" I asked.

"So, you won't mind if I put your clothes in the wardrobe then?" Lucy asked with a raised brow.

"No." I replied sheepishly with sweat dripping down my face.

Lucy walked over to the wardrobe and opened the doors suddenly as I hid under my duvet.

"Oh my-." Lucy said.

"Look, I didn't want anyone knowing becau-" I explained nervously.

"Your flat really is haunted!" Lucy squealed.

My worried expression turned to one of confusion. Lucy hasn't seen Laxus, what happened?

I climbed out of my bed and walked over to my wardrobe with my duvet wrapped around me, all I could see was my clothes with a black space underneath, Laxus must've covered himself with his jacket.

"I told you." I said to Lucy.

"Achoo!" Laxus sneezed again, causing his jacket to shift.

Lucy's scared face disappeared and she returned to looking suspicious.

"Hang on..." Lucy said as she approached the wardrobe and removed Laxus' jacket, chucking it aside.

Laxus was seen curled up in a ball. He turned his head to face both me and Lucy. Lucy looked shocked whilst I looked, well, just unsurprised to be honest, I should've known we were going to be found out eventually.