Chapter 3 - A Battle Of Two Dragons

The Fairy Tail guild members crowded around in a ring formation with me and Natsu in the middle. Everyone was cheering, getting really excited and hyped about the fight. No one knew who I was, and no one knew the magic I possessed but, that made me exhilarated and eager to beat Natsu. I wanted to show everyone that Howling Dragons isn't a weak guild, we may not be well known and we may not be the biggest guild but, it doesn't mean to say that we are the weakest guild in Fiore.

Master Makarov stood on the edge of the battle arena area with Mira by his side.

"Without further ado, let's have a clean fight and see what you are both made of. Akari Vs. Natsu. Let the battle commence!" Master announced.

I looked directly into Natsu's firery eyes, he's determined, he wants to win. I wasn't certain at first but, I am now, I'm glad I'm going up against him.

"I'm fired up now!" Natsu shouted with a grin on his face.

We ran towards each other with our fists drawn back ready to strike like a python. I could see his fist wrapped in flames burning up and getting more intense as he came towards me. I didn't want to reveal all my cards yet so, I decided that I was going to let him know that his fire wouldn't burn me as much as he thinks. I'll throw him a normal punch to get warmed up.

"I can sense strong magic energy from her, yet she isn't using it." Mira said, baffled.

"She may just be warming up or testing the waters, let's just give her a chance." Master replied.

I allowed Natsu to punch me in the face which, unfortunately meant that I couldn't land my hit on him. His flames from his burning fist hardly affected me though, his punch on the other hand, well I definitely felt that, but I've had way worse. We crossed paths meaning that Natsu was stood where I was, and I was now in Natsu's spot. The dust cleared and revealed that both of us were hardly touched.

"You're kidding, Natsu's punch hardly did anything to her." One of the Fairy Tail members stated.

"I'm just warming up, my next move should make you feel something." Natsu grinned.

"Give it all you got." I encouraged.

Natsu went in with a Dragonslayer attack, since I practise it, I can predict which move he is going for, hence, meaning that I can dodge the attack.

"Fire Dragon Iron Fist!" Natsu yelled as he charged towards me.

I stood there with my arms crossed and the crowds were going wild. They were yelling at me, telling me to get out of the way but, what felt like a second to them felt like ten seconds to me.

When the time is right, I will dodge. Just as Natsu's fist came in to contact with my abdomen, I slid to the side and saw his face change from a grin to a look of shock. I gave him a smug smile before making my next move.

"Fire Dragon Wing Attack!" I yelled and put all of my effort into that one attack to show Natsu that I'm not to be messed around with.

My attack hit him directly into his back, propelling him forward at a high speed. He rolled through the crowd and crashed into one of the trees.

"Go Akari!" I heard Pika cheering.

"How? I don't believe it... she's a..." I heard someone saying.

"She's a Fire Dragonslayer!" Wendy said excitedly.

I stayed composed and kept my eyes fixed on Natsu. He got up off the ground and wiped his face with his hand.

"So, you weren't weak, you were just holding out on us." Natsu chuckled.