Chapter 15 - Returning To Your Roots

For the past couple of months, I’ve been going on many job requests with Laxus to continue learning from him whilst earning lots of Jewel. He has taught me many techniques in defeating certain monsters such as Vulcans, Lizardmen and other various foes, and has helped me improve my overall magic skill. In return for his help, I also taught him a couple of lightning magic techniques that I had taught myself, one of them being how to shape lightning into swords; the first stages of my 'Thunder Slashing Swords Secret Art' that I used in Orchid Town on my first job with Fairy Tail. As the weeks went by I was becoming more at home in Fairy Tail and felt like I had been there for years, plus, my bond with Laxus has become stronger due to the amount of time that I had spent with him, which definitely got rumours flying around the guild.

After finishing breakfast, I walked over to my desk and turned over the page on my calender as a new month started today, September.

“Look at that Pika, we will have been at Fairy Tail for 3 months tomorrow.” I mentioned as I pointed at the highlighted square on my calender.

“It’s been that long already?” Pika questioned.

“Yeah, it’s funny how quickly time has gone by.” I replied.

Thinking about how long I have been at Fairy Tail made me remember all of my former guild members back at Howling Dragons; Swift, Kasumi, Master Chikao. Since I have settled down in Magnolia now, I feel that it would be a good time to contact the guild and pay them a visit for a couple of days to catch up and see what they have been up to whilst I have been gone.

I got changed into my outfit and began packing my satchel for the day.

“Pika, could you open the second drawer in my desk and pass me the brown package.” I asked.

“Yep.” Pika replied as she took the package out the drawer and passed it over to me as I finished packing my satchel and slung the satchel over my shoulders.

I opened the package and took out the Jewel that I had been saving up over the past couple of months from the different job requests I took.

“So, that’s 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7... 70,000 jewel. Wow, I saved up more than I thought I did.” I said, pleasantly surprised.

“Well most of the jobs you went on were S-Class since you teamed up with Laxus.” Pika explained.

“Yeah, I knew that but, considering the bills I had to pay for living costs, I guess I didn’t expect to have this much kept back. This is good though, we have plenty of money for travel and accommodation if there’s no room in the guild plus, we have lots of money to buy a gift for the guild, Swift and Kasumi.” I explained.

“That’s awesome!” Pika said excitedly.

“It is. We’ll go to Fairy Tail today and I’ll let Mira know that we will be gone for a few days; we could probably leave tomorrow maybe if we contact Master Chikao this evening.” I replied.

“Sounds good.” Pika responded.

With my plan set out for the upcoming week, I left my flat and walked over to Fairy Tail to meet up with Mira. I entered the guild and sat at the bar with Pika sat on my lap.

“Hey Mira, how are you doing today?” I asked.

“Good thank you Akari, how about you?” Mira asked with a smile.

“Yeah, I’m good thanks, there was something I wanted to talk to you about actually.” I said.

“Go ahead.” She replied.

“Tomorrow will be my three month anniversary of joining Fairy Tail, I was thinking this morning when I looked at the date that since I have settled down now in Magnolia and found my bearings here at the guild, maybe it would be a good time to visit Howling Dragons in Shirotsume to catch up and make sure they are doing alright, I did promise them I would visit when everything had calmed down.” I explained.