Chapter 18 - Howling Dragon's Next Chapter

After the mess was cleared up, and everything returned to fairly normal state, Swift stood up on top of the bar and whistled to get everyone's attention. The guild was dead silent and everyone was intrigued as to what Swift would say after the massive fight he just had with Laxus.

"Hey everyone. So, first of all I would like to apologise, I want to apologise for the way I acted today, as well as over the last couple of months where I've been selfish and not feeling myself. At this very moment, I will be turning a new leaf, I'm hoping that I may be the first wizard in this guild to become a full fledged dragon and set an example for young and old wizards alike, to motivate and inspire you guys." Swift announced.

The whole guild clapped and cheered at the first part of Swift's speech, although I was clapping along with the others, I didn't entirely understand what Swift was talking about.

"Swift." I called out.

"Yes Akari." Swift responded.

"I'm a little confused, what are you going on about with this 'dragon' stuff, is there a new initiation in place?" I questioned.

"Not quite. I think it would be best if you joined me up here." Swift smiled.

What? I'm confused.

I walked to the bar and sat on the bar stool closest to where Swift was standing. Swift crouched down on the bar and sat on it with his legs dangling off the side, he put his arm around me in good spirit.

"Akari, some changes are being made within this guild for the better, you are the only person who doesn't know what's going on yet." Swift explained.

"Oh. Well, me, Pika and Laxus you mean." I giggled.

"No, Laxus and Pika already know, I told them earlier." Kasumi mentioned.

"You know Laxus?" I asked.

"Yeah, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised." Laxus replied.

"What is it then?" I asked as I looked at the whole guild and then back at Swift.

"Akari, you left this guild wanting to become stronger and to show others that just because our guild is small, doesn't mean that it is weak. Everyone in the guild was ecstatic when we saw you on the cover of Sorcerer Weekly, the photoshoot aside, although, it did get noses bleeding, mine especially." Swift chuckled with the rest of the guild.

"Hey you!" I exclaimed with a grin as I elbowed Swift in the leg.

"I know, I'm sorry, it's just a joke." Swift continued to chuckle. "As I was saying, the photoshoot aside, your interview that you did was amazing and you did the whole Howling Dragons guild proud, as well as Fairy Tail." Swift continued to explain.

"Aw, thank you guys." I replied.

"We're not finished yet though." Swift stated.

"There's more?" I questioned.

"Of course. Due to your interview, you've inspired this guild to become stronger and follow your footsteps, as well as other wizards in Fiore which, leads me on to the big reveal. I'm sure that you've noticed that there are a few new faces here." Swift said.

"Yeah, there are quite a few actually." I replied as I looked at the guild members.

"All of these guys wanted to join because of you and some of them are really strong too; from seeing your attack today, one or two of them are close to your level." Swift commented.

"Wow, really?" I asked.

"Yes, since we have some stronger wizards, we've been able to complete a wider variety of jobs meaning that our guild is a lot more well known now. That is why starting from next week we will have a brand new request board called 'Dragon Quests' named after you. This is like your S- Class system at Fairy Tail." Swift explained.