Chapter 5 - The Mysterious Package

We arrived at the guild hall and I put Pika on the ground. Pika tugged on my boot and I looked down at her.

"What is it Pika?" I asked.

"Happy is over there with Carla, can I join them?" She asked.

"Of course you can, go and make some friends, this is our home now so you can talk to whoever you want to, just make sure you let me know where you are going if you leave the guild hall okay?" I explained.

"I will." Pika smiled before running over to Happy and the other Exceeds.

Me and Lucy strolled over to the bar where Mira was stood, cleaning mugs.

"Hi Akari and Lucy." Mira greeted.

"Hey Mira." Me and Lucy replied.

"You look troubled, has something happened?" Mira asked with concern.

"Nothing bad, it's just that something odd has happened this morning." Lucy replied.

"Really?" Mira asked.

"Yeah, well before me and Lucy left her flat earlier, Lucy found a brown package on the ground. It had my name on it and I found 30,000 Jewel inside. It's a mystery because, we don't know who delivered it. Me and Lucy presume someone from the guild dropped it off because they heard about my financial issue at the moment. As much as I appreciate it, I can't accept it because it's a lot of money, and I'd rather earn my money." I explained.

"That is odd." Mira said, also puzzled by the mysterious package.

"That's why we wanted to talk to you, the thing is that I want to return the money but, I don't know who gave it." I said.

"I guess we could leave it with a note and let the person pick it up, but then again we can't be sure that the right person will pick it up." Mira suggested.

"Yeah, the only thing we have to go on is the hand writing." I mentioned.

"Let me have a look." Mira asked.

I handed the package over to Mira and she observed it.

"Hmm, I'm not sure who's handwriting this is. Sorry." Mira apologised as she handed the package back over.

"It's alright. I might just have to keep it, I guess that's what the person was intending." I replied.

"I've just had a thought guys..." Lucy said suddenly.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I think I know who might be able to guess the handwriting." Lucy smiled.

"Who?" I asked.

"Levy. She uses solid script magic, meaning she can decode enchantments and read different languages, she might be able to figure out everyone's handwriting. It's a long shot but, she might have an idea." Lucy suggested.

"It's worth a try." Mira added.

"Let's do that then. Do you know where she is?" I asked.

"I don't. Have you seen her Mira?" Lucy asked.

"I believe she's on a job with Gajeel and Panther Lily, they left a day ago, so it could be a couple of days until they come back." Mira recalled.

"I'll keep the money safe for the time being until Levy comes back." I said whilst putting the package in my satchel.

"What'cha got there?" Laxus asked as he sneaked up behind me and put his hand on my shoulder, causing me to jump out of my skin.

"Jeez!" I yelled and turned around to look at Laxus who was behind me with a grin on his face.