Chapter 2 - Fairy Tail

After my nausea died down, I wandered along the train station platform, looking around to try and figure out where I was. The train conductor blew his whistle as the last call for boarding the next train.

"All aboard the train heading to Oshibana Station from Magnolia Station." The train conductor called out.

"You hear that Pika? We arrived in Magnolia." I said excitedly.

"Magnolia?" Pika asked.

"Yeah, what are the odds right?" I replied, surprised to find out where we ended up.

Of all the places we could've ended up we landed in Magnolia. Although I didn't realise it at the time, this was fate. I had no idea what awaited me and Pika, I just thought that Magnolia was a lovely town with lovely people and a great culture, it's so much more though than what I originally thought.

"Yay." I giggled as I cuddled Pika in my arms.

"It must be our lucky day, I bet you're glad that you endured that long journey." Pika giggled.

"I guess. It's so strange how we were talking about this place a couple of days ago and now we are actually here. I just can't believe it." I said with awe as I admired the beautiful landscape of the town whilst strolling down the street. "Isn't it wonderful?" I asked.

"Yeah, look at all the shops and stalls." Pika added.

"I know right. I hope we can settle down here, it would be perfect." I replied.

"What's stopping us?" Pika asked.

"Nothing, well we need to find a guild in this town in order to stay, it's the only way I'll find work." I explained.

"We'll keep looking, I'm sure there's a guild around here somewhere." Pika said positively.

I continued walking through the town with Pika in my arms and our stomachs were beginning to rumble.

"Akari, I'm hungry, can we get some fish?" Pika asked.

"Let's see." I took out my purse to check how much jewel I had left over. "60,000 jewel. I hope accommodation is cheap here, otherwise we might have to set up camp in the streets somewhere." I said, concerned.

"Unless we find a guild before then!" Pika said happily.

"It's not that simple Pika, even if we find a guild we'll still have to pay rent to stay in one of their dorms, and if the guild is better equipped than Howling Dragons then we won't have enough to cover the cost." I explained.

"That sucks. You should've kept the reward money from your last job you know." Pika said smugly.

"I was a little stupid I know but, it'll be useful to Kasumi, it's the least I could do for her. Still, I kind of wish that I wasn't so self righteous at the time." I said dolefully.

I browsed the stalls that were set up along the streets of Magnolia, searching for fish for Pika and a meal for myself. After a bit of trekking we came across the food stalls. There was a lot of wonderful ingredients and food available but, I could only buy enough for one meal to get by.

I managed to buy some fresh fish for Pika and some bread and soup for myself. The meal smelt so good, my sensitive nose could pick up the wonderful aroma of the vegetables and the chunks of beef absorbing the home made vegetable stock. We left the market place and sat down by the canal to top up our stomachs and take a break from the walking.

A boat sailed by with a couple of people rowing it and they waved at me and Pika.

"Hey there! Nice outfit!" They called out.