Chapter 4 - An Eventful Day

I left the Fairy Tail guild hall with Lucy and walked with her down the street to her flat.

"So, how are you liking Fairy Tail Akari?" Lucy asked.

"It's brilliant, everyone is so kind and they are really funny. Is the guild normally like that?" I wondered.

"Pretty much, they're all a bunch of goofballs but, they're all lovely. When I first joined the guild I was concerned about the amount of destruction they cause, especially Natsu, but I'm used to it now… unfortunately." Lucy giggled.

"Yeah I noticed that." I said awkwardly.

"Anyway, what were you and Laxus talking about earlier?" Lucy asked curiously.

"Pardon?" I asked nervously.

"Well you were outside with Laxus for a little while weren't you?" Lucy inquired.

"Oh yeah. Um, he was talking about the fight and insulted my guild a little bit but, I put him in his place. He was just interested because I use lightning magic like him." I explained.

"Oh right. Yeah sometimes he can be a bit awkward to talk to but, he's nice really." Lucy said positively.

"That's good." I said quietly.

Maybe Laxus just isn't great with words, understandable. I think he's a good person definitely.

We arrived at the building where Lucy's flat is and entered inside. Stood in front of us was a short and stout old lady with purple hair and glasses.

"Lucy your rent is due now." The Landlady said, annoyed.

"No it's not, it's due in a couple of days." Lucy replied.

"I said now!" The Landlady demanded.

"I'm not the one going senile, it is marked on my calender for Friday, that's still a couple of days away!" Lucy retaliated.

"I'll let you off this time but, it's not happening again you hear?" The Landlady crossed her arms.

"Whatever you say." Lucy sighed. "Anyway I have something else to ask." Lucy mentioned.

"Yeah what is it?" The Landlady asked grumpily.

"My friend Akari here has just moved to Magnolia and is looking for a flat, she'll be staying with me for a couple of days until she earns some money but, I was wondering if the flat next to mine is still available for hire." Lucy inquired.

The Landlady stared at me intensely for a few seconds, until a bright smile appeared on her face.

"Isn't your friend lovely, she's so beautiful. Why can't you be more like her Lucy?" The Landlady stated.

"Uh thanks." I smiled awkwardly.

"Jeez. Will you just answer my question?" Lucy asked.

"Alright! Yes the flat is still available. Because I like you Akari I will cut the rent from 70,000 down to 60,000 Jewel. How's that?" The Landlady said with a smile on her face.

"Oh, that's ever so lovely, but I don't want to put you out." I replied.

"Oh it's not a problem dear, I'll reserve the room for you until you get the money, I'll make sure it's ready as well." The Landlady beamed.

"Thank you, I really appreciate it." I smiled.

The old lady let us pass through and we walked up the stairs to where Lucy's flat is. Lucy got her key out of her pocket.

"I can't believe her. I've never done anything to upset her." Lucy said, exasperated.

"I'm sorry, I don't know why she favoured me." I said, feeling bad for Lucy's misfortune.