Just think about it- 99

Bakugou pov
I woke up, feeling terrible. Memories from the night before came flashing back; the argument, me leaving, then getting drunk at the bar. The hangover was awful, I really had overdone it with the drinking. I just thought it could've helped, helped me forget; too bad I woke up with every thought still running through my head. After arguing with Eijirou, I had left, not giving Deku any reason why. Later I found myself with alcohol before heading home, stumbling and being sick. I sat up sighed heavily. I went and opened the blinds, seeing the cloudless, blue sky. It was around eleven am, and I wanted nothing more to go back to sleep. The boat party was at four o'clock, and my willingness to go had depleted to almost zero. Feeling ill, I began making my way back to my bed, only to here the doorbell.

"Thanks again for the mango, Mina." I said, biting down on a slice of fruit. My pink-haired friend sat on the other end of the sofa, clearly unimpressed. "And how did you know to bring my hangover cure?"
"Because I know you, Katsuki. When something pisses you off, you drink, and well- since Eijirou was in the equation," she looked at the coffee table, that had three boxes of cut-up mango. "Speaking of, you better get your act together soon, the boat is in like," she looked at her phone screen, "five hours."
"Oh I'm not going." I shrugged, grabbing at the second tub of fruit.
"Excuse me?" Mina snapped, leaning forward in clear annoyance. "Yes, you are, and the public will be outraged, the media will have a field day."
"No, I'm not, and fuck the media. There's no point. I'm not friends with anyone there and the fallout with Eijirou would make it even worse for everyone." What I was saying was true, and Mina knew it. Though of course, she still tried her luck.
"We're friends."
"Yeah but last night, you were with all the girls and tod- you know what, never mind. I'm not going okay." There was no point in even arguing, I had already made up my mind.
"And what about Eijirou? Huh? I said you need closure, not another argument." She crossed her arms and got up. I paused, knowing she was right.
"That doesn't matter," I shook my head, "I don't want to see him or be near him or like- like I just can't do it."
"So you're just going to spend who-knows how many years still being a heartbroken, depressed loser?"
"Wow Mina." I said simply, leaning back into the sofa arm. "Wow."
"Oh come on, it's true. It's draining for everyone, watching you be so sad-"
"Then don't be friends with me!" I stood up, right into her face.
"And what sort of friend would I be if I just let you suffer, with no one to talk to?" She then sighed, trying to relieve stress. "Look, don't come today if you really don't want to-"
"Thank you-"
"But you're coming on Sunday. And you'll talk to Eijirou and I won't let you leave until you two have made up, agreed?" She smiled weakly at me, holding out her hand. I thought for a moment, knowing that this would be the easiest way to get her off my back.
"Agreed." I took the hand and shook it. Falling back down on the sofa, Mina looked up at me and patted beside her. I sat, raising my eyebrows.
"Look, Katsuki. I know this may sound crazy to you, I know, but here me out-" she placed her hand on my shoulder. "Have you ever thought that Eijirou could still be into you?" Mina winced as I just scoffed.
"He- isn't." Shaking my head, I bit another piece of mango.
"Why do you think that's so impossible?"
"Because he's literally dating- dated- I don't know, another guy." I fumbled with my words.
"So? You went on a date with Uchida yet you're still in love with the guy?" I didn't like the sound of her bluntness.
"They dated for two months."
"But Eijirou ended it. Why do you think that was?" I couldn't be bothered with what-ifs and maybes, it was too stressful. "Just- just think about it, okay?"

Bon Voyage; without Ground Zero!
Katsuki Bakugou, aka Ground Zero, has not been seen at all on the boat journey down the Masutafu River with his fellow classmates.

Ground Zero Stays on the Ground
So why has Katsuki Bakugou decided to not join his old classmates on the boat trip. He's the only one who didn't show up for the famous reunion.

Big Boat; Bad Blood
The absence of Ground Zero at the reunion may be due to his breakup with ex; pro hero, Red Riot. Despite it happening two years ago, the two may not even be able to attend the same event without falling out.