Confrontation- 8

Bakugou pov
I was already at school. I was earlier than usual, so not many people were in the classroom. Kirishima never woke up that early, so he wasn't here. Part of me wished he was. After telling him what'd been bothering me, it felt like a weight off my shoulders, but I could tell the dynamic between us was different. Last night, whilst working on the project, I caught him taking glances at me, he was studying me. What for I couldn't tell. There were also times of silence, but neither of us felt awkward. Normally Kirishima will try to fill in the emptiness, but I think we both felt comfortable enough with each other to just sit there. But this brought up different problems with us now. It made us closer, me telling him what was 'upsetting' me and him telling me how he felt about it. But this closeness I now felt for him made me slightly, confused, like I didn't understand how I was meant to behave around him.

Red arrived just as Aizawa did, well slightly before. He sat down at his desk, panting. Before I could even speak to him, Aizawa came in. The lesson was so boring and I already knew most the stuff we were learning about, so I kind of just sat there watching my other classmates. Well, mainly Kirishima. I watched him work; he frantically took notes as Aizawa spoke. I had noticed him trying harder in lesson, and how he's been achieving more in our study sessions. I felt proud, which also made me feel stupid. I don't know, I kind of felt like I helped him and pushed him; now he's probably going to get top 5 in the class for the written exams. Well I hope he does, he deserves it. However, in between all his concentration, he took the time to take quick looks at me, which I fully noticed. Of course, I tried to act like I didn't. I'm guessing he could also feel the shift in our friendship.

The bell went for break, and then the room was filled with the screeching of chairs on the floor, and kids chatting and laughing. Deku and a few others were standing by Kirishima, so I went over to join them. "Move out my way Deku." I shoved him aside to go stand by Red. I instantly regretted doing it so noticeably, because now everyone had watched me purposely go next to Kirishima. My face went pink. "What!" I barked as they all stood in silence.
"We were just asking how your project is coming along." Stated Iida assertively. Red was smiling, of course, does he ever not smile? He stretched out his hand and held out a thumbs up.
"I'd say is going great! Wouldn't you agree Bakugou!" Kirishima exclaimed.
"I guess so." I said, hands in pockets.
"And tonight Bakugou is coming to mine for round two of our project." I thought about that and wondered 'do I have to make food before going over to his?'. Before long, everyone was discussing the project. That was until, Mineta and Kaminari came over. Instantly, Kirishima's body stiffened, however I puffed out my chest to insert my dominance. 'Fuck Bakugou you're not an animal', I thought.
"Hey everyone, what we all talking about?" Said Kaminari cheerfully.
"Fuck off ya perverts." I said bluntly. I knew I didn't want to cause a scene; Kirishima definitely didn't want me to bring up the gossip, but they just angered me so much. Since I usually behave like this, I guess most of the group just thought I was being normal Bakugou. Mineta made a squeal of terror though; but he can talk so confidently behind my back!
"Don't worry about him guys, we're just talking about exams and that." Deku replied softly. That pissed me off.
"Shut the fuck up Deku, you don't speak for me!" I yelled. My breathing was getting fast, my pulse was racing. Then, I felt a hand on my arm.
"Dude, calm down." It was Red, trying to control me. Now I felt like an idiot. I had a few options, do I stop, or ruin their fucking day? I decided on the third option. I stepped forward, closing the distance between me and the pair. I looked up and down; at Kaminari and Mineta. Then I spoke, quietly yet with all the anger I could muster.
"If I ever hear you speak about Kirishima and who he," I thought how to phrase this, "and who he wants to date, or, if he likes guys or girls, I'll fucking kill you, understand?" I made sure no one could hear me but the two of them. Their eyes widened as they did a terrified glance at each other. Mineta opened his mouth to speak, maybe to defend himself, but then he thought better of it. The two just nodded. I leaned back with a smile and crossed my arms. "Good to hear. Hey Red, want to go and get a bite to eat?" Kirishima looked kind of shaken, I'm sure he had a good guess at what I said. Everyone else however just seemed confused. Then Kirishima laughed.
"Yeah sure Bakugou, let me just go get my bag."