Swingset- 86

Kirishima pov
We stood on an open train platform, the light of the seven pm sun shining down on us. We had to have a later journey due to train times. Behind the track and the trees was a large silhouette of a city; Hakeni. The station was in the suburbs of the city, a large collection of nice, big houses. My home was located in the suburbs, ten minutes away from where we were. It was strange, have to familiarise myself with the estate again, taking in the dry air through nervous breathes. "Okay, I've got the suitcases an- you good Red?" I turned to Kat, smiling faintly.
"Yeah, it's just strange to be back, that's all." I took my case off him and lead Kat across the platform to a car park that opened up onto a not so busy road.
"All the memories coming back?" He asked over my shoulder.
"I don't know, I guess." I sighed, looking at a sign. The road in front lead all around the estate, past a park and a few corner shops and a church. The feeling of being in a surreal dream soon washed away, thinking about what was to come.
"So we heading to your house?" Kat said nervously. I turned to my boyfriend, thinking for a moment.
"Mind if we just walk around for a bit?"

Despite us having the lug around the cases, the walk was surprisingly pleasant. The warmth of the sun not only refreshed my skin but casted beautiful golden light on the whole suburb. We held hands, allowing our arms to sway gently. I began to remember the layout more and more, quite easily recalling everything and anything that happened there. "That's where Uchida lived." I pointed to a large, cold grey house that sat alone from the others, a gate guarding it.
"Shall I blow it up?" Kat growled humorously, I laughed.
"I don't think that would do any good, and besides, we're okay with Uchida now." I still had a resentment to the white-haired boy, but hating someone was too much effort. Coming up in front of us was the park, a place I spent a lot of my youth. It had a swing set, a roundabout, some climbing bars and a few other miscellaneous equipment. "Mind if we stop off on the swings for a bit?" I asked.
"I don't mind, sure." Kat shrugged, already opening the park gate for him and I.

Leaving our cases by the side of us, we both sat on either swing and gently moved back and forth. It was relaxing, enjoying small moments with my boyfriend, watching the sun fall behind the city skyline. "Red?"
"Yeah Kat?" I turned to him.
"I love you." His voice was so raw and sincere. "I just wanted to say that before anything goes down in the next few days. If your mum is still awful and unloving, just know I love you. You know?" Every word hit my heart so powerfully, the soft side of Kat was always something so delicate and complex yet amazing.
"Well I love you too Kat." I smiled to myself, kicking with my legs to pick up more movement.
"Can I tell you something?" He muttered, his eyes becoming a burning amber red as the light caught them. I nodded to him, admiring his expression. "I've never been more excited for the future, than I have since being with you."
"I feel the same." I laughed gently at his cuteness before he shook his head.
"No, you don't get it." His eyes shot to the ground. "Don't take this the wrong way, but I always thought I'd never have a good life. Not like I was depressed or anything, I just couldn't see anything positive for me."
"Kat I-"
"I gave myself the goal to be number one, just so I had a purpose. When really, I guess I just did it to fill a void. My life just felt so- empty." As he looked up, he was smiling at me, so heartfelt and pure. "But with you, I can't wait for the rest of my life. I can't wait to see what we do and where we go, to get married and have kids and just grow old together." My hands trembled slightly, hearing him write out our future so perfectly. It all sounded so pure, so real. "I can't wait to just have a future with you." Then it was silence, a complete oxymoron to the emotions we were both feeling. Before I could say anything, Kat stood up, itching his eyes and grabbing his case. "Anyway, I think your parents have been waiting long enough, time for us to go."
————————————————————————
I love writing cute chapters.

Sorry if anyone's getting bored with the parents theme, or the addressing of homophobia, I didn't realise how much it'd be brought up in this book.