Dinner- 44

Kirishima pov
I waited impatiently in my dorm. Kat had gone out to his family, but we were going to meet later at the restaurant. It was Monday, and my parents were coming over at any time. The fear of tonight overshadowed the happiness of the reunion. We were going to come out at Orange, and I just didn't know if I could do it. Watching Kat telling his parents made it seem so easy, but I assumed mine wouldn't be as smooth going. My hair was down, the way my parents preferred. Realistically, they wanted it to be it's natural, black colour, but I'd never do that. Just before my mind began to take a dark trip down my past, I heard a knock on the door. "Oh I do hope this is his room Haru." Muttered a bubbly female voice from behind the corridor.
"Yes, look at the message Kaida, it's definitely this one." A more tamed, low voice, my dad. With a shaky hand and a deep breath, I opened the door.
"Hey mum, dad." I smiled with fake confidence at their two kind faces.
"Eijirou!" Both of them greeted me with a tight hug. "So how's life treating you here? Have you made a lot of friends? Even got a girlfriend-" It felt my heart jump slightly at those words.
"God Kaida let the boy speak." My dad said. They both looked at me and I looked back, taking in their faces once again. My mother was short, and had caramel brown hair that she always wore in a bun. Her smile matched my own, as did her eyes; yet behind them you could sense a colder side of her. Usually she'd put up a happy, quirky persona, but we all knew how quickly it could change at times. My dad on the other hand, was quite tall and muscular. With jet black hair and a trimmed beard, he was extremely manly-looking. Despite his aggressive appearance, he was quite chill and kind. Preparing myself for the long conversation, I nodded my head and sat down on my mattress;
"Life is awesome here-"

After the long catch up of me pretending that I was straight, my parents took a tiny tour of my room. I was careful to hide anything that could link to me and Katsuki. The polaroid pictures, the lock screen of my phone, the unused bottle of lube that I had awkwardly bought once due to Ashido telling me how I'd need it. I went red just thinking about it, I still hadn't told Kat about that. I thought I had made my room 'Katsuki-proof', until I heard my mum, who was reading the label of a school uniform that hung over my chair. "Eijirou, why is Katsuki Bakugou's school uniform in your dorm?" Her question didn't seem too suspicious, just curious. However I still panicked, forgetting that Kat had left his uniform in my dorm after getting ready for the party.
"Uhh, he sometimes sleeps over, but not in my bed. Like- we get a sleeping bag and he'll go on the floor- yeah we're good friends so we have sleepovers sometimes." I prayed that I hid the nerves in my voice. When we had to pretend to our friends, I was pretty good at it. But with parents, it was a whole new story. Even though we were coming out tonight, I knew I needed Kat by my side.
"Ah, Bakugou. He's the one who won the sports festival. How is he?" Luckily, my dad seemed clueless, and asked the question with a simple smile. My mum also smiled, but her posture read otherwise.

'I'm at the restaurant xxx' I briefly looked down at my phone to see the message from Kat. I angled the screen so my dad, who walked by the side of me, couldn't read it. We were just reaching the square were Orange was located, me, my dad and my mum. The sky above was a dark blue, with clouds forming in the distance, luckily we'd be inside before they reached us. "So why is Bakugou coming?" Asked my mum calmly, talking over my dad. I shrugged anxiously.
"Because I want you to meet him." My voice had been building up nerves the closer we got to the restaurant. I could feel my whole body shaking, sweating. Before either could respond, the neon orange sign came into view, as did a tense-looking Katsuki who stood by the restaurant doors. He almost instantly noticed us, and waved with a stiff hand.
"Hey Red, Mr and Mrs Kirishima." He said politely as we reached him. Next to me, I heard a slight mutter of my mum; saying something about 'Red'.

"So Bakugou," my mum questioned whilst the waitress poured her a drink. "Have you got a girlfriend?" I almost choked at the question. Thankfully, my dad turned to her with a concerned look.
"You can't just ask that Kaida-"
"Oh please Haru, the boy doesn't mind." She smiled, leaning in. Katsuki, who was great with pressure, nodded politely.
"I guess you could say something of the sort." Not only was I surprised about how well-spoken he could pretend to be, but his response itself left me shocked. Why did he say that? We had already had twenty minutes or so of small talk, so I guess my mum wanted to handle bigger topics. As did I. I didn't know how to go at it, or how to even bring it up. I just stared at each one of their faces before giving Kat a small nod. His eyes widened for a brief second before giving me a determined smile. Knowing my mum, who was great a reading people, she immediately picked up on something.
"Boys, what's going on?" She raised an eyebrow at me. My dad looked at her with confusion, then turned to us. Kat grabbed my hand from under the table. Suddenly, all the moisture from my mouth had been taken away, same for the air in my lungs. I just couldn't help to think back to what my mum said all them years ago-
"Well?" She repeated, this time, more irritated.
"Just go for it Red." Kat whispered, squeezing my hand tight. This was it.
"Look, guys. So, you know- well, like-" the words had almost escaped me. That was until I saw the loving eyes of Kat staring at me. That was what I needed. "Mum, dad. Katsuki and I, we're dating- boyfriends- in love- I'm gay." That was it, the defining moment of my life had happened. Words I could never take back. I didn't know what to expect to happen next. My dad's mouth hung open slightly, but I couldn't see anger in his face. As my eyes moved to look at my mum, tears streamed down from her glassy eyes. Without realising, I could also feel a tear sliding down my cheek. Then I heard the screech of a chair on the floor and a sob; she got up and turned away after quickly saying;
"Please excuse me."