'Bake'ugou- 79

Kirishima pov
The text read 'come down to the kitchen xxxx'. It was Friday evening, and I made my way down the corridors to the front door of the public cooking area. I smiled to myself whilst opening the door, not knowing what to expect. And of course, in the kitchen, was a busy-looking Kat wearing a chef hat, sorting out ingredients. He span around, looking surprised. In one hand was a bag of plain flour, the other, a recipe book. I laughed at his hat, which he immediately took offence. "Nice to see you to." He mocked, stepping away from the counter and towards me. I already noticed his hands behind his back.
"Sorry, I just wanna know why you're wearing a chef hat?" I chuckled, greeting him with a short but sweet kiss.
"Cause I'm a chef, duh." He said as if it was obvious. "Anyways, I got you one as well cause I knew you'd be jealous." He smirked and placed a second hat on my head. Thankfully, my hair was down, making it easier to fit on.
"I truly have the best boyfriend in the world." I joked, causing him to lightly punch me on the shoulder. "Now, what exactly are we doing down here?"
"I thought we'd make my mum a birthday cake," he explained, leading me back to the pile of ingredients. "Her favourite is strawberry cake, and since I'm now great at cooking, I thought we'd make it."
"That's sweet and all, but- umm, I have no idea how to make strawberry cake."

I worked on the batter whilst Kat did the frosting. As usual, we worked great as a team and I was pretty good at it, which meant I could chat to my boyfriend without feeling like I'd mess up the food. "You know, I'm still mad how Yaoyorozu told you and not me." I whined playfully. Casual Kat just shrugged his shoulders.
"I guess I'm just a great listener." He joked. I scoffed, yet I knew there was truth to his words. Kat was great at taking things in and coming up with solutions, but maybe how he sometimes did it wasn't the best.
"Yeah, but she still could have asked me to come along." I frowned, pouring the batter into the pan, then into the oven.
"Well, I just hope it goes well for her."
"Me too." I nodded. I began chopping some strawberries as Kat cleared his throat.
"So, I was talking to my parents about the rest of the family." He smiled at me sheepishly, I just nodded, indicating for him to carry on. "And they told my auntie and uncle, who both seem cool with it apparently. Even though my grandparents don't fully know, my mum said she's brought stuff up about it to them and they seemed chill, so it should all be homophobic free." I let out a sigh of relief; I was terrified for tomorrow enough as it was.
"And how old are the cousins?" Kat looked up for a second, trying to count on his fingers.
"Well, first there's Mitzu, she's seven. Really nice and loud, a bit like you," I laughed gently, "then there's Ori, he's fourteen, a bit moody but not in an asshole way or anything." I nodded, making a mental note of them both. Kat carried on; "And you'll want to know everyone else's names, well my aunt is Senna, my uncle is Hedimori, or just Hedi, and you can just call my grandparents N and G."
"So many things to remember." I expressed, cutting strawberries.
"I'm awful with names, so if I can get it so can you." He gently kissed me on the check, causing me to blush. Even though it was all so sweet, I still felt slightly sad. Just knowing that my family could never be like that was heartbreaking. However, I also saw it as an opportunity to have a new family. I couldn't deny that the mixture of dread and hope for tomorrow was eating away at me, but I didn't want to worry Kat with it.
"I hope our future family will be so close like yours is." I blurted out, causing Kat to stiffen up in a cute yet awkward way.
"You think you'll stay with me for all that time?" He laughed, however behind the humour I could sense his seriousness. I furrowed my brow at him.
"What the hell Kat, of course I will! There's no one else who I want. I want a family with you, I want to marry you, end of." I didn't fully realise how real my words were, I was truly confessing my ideal future to him. After a brief pause, thankfully Kat pulled me in close and kissed me, tasting sweet strawberry on his lips.
"And I want my future with you." He grinned, his lips still on mine. Sometimes I forgot how amazing it all was, my relationship with Kat, I had never felt happy. So, playfully, I pushed him off me and focused back to cooking, causing him to humorously scoff.
"Well I'm looking forward to it. Now, let's make sure this is the best strawberry cake your mum has ever had!"