Chapter 37: Truth

On that night.

Lisa Pov.

'God. You really are so beautiful.', I mumbled softly as I watch her sleeping soundly beside me. You know what? You're the only person I ever watched sleeping, and I could watch you all night. And never get tired.

"Lisa~", I heard her mumbled on her sleep. And a wide grin escaped my lips, feeling proud of myself. She even dreamt of me, am I that good? I think I am. 'Silly', I wanted to laugh right now with my own silliness. But I'd rather not or I might wake her up.

I watched her features from her long eyelashes, to her cute little pointed nose, to her pluffy cheeks up to her most prescious plump lips, that I always find sexy. My grin turned into a smile, until it slowly turned into frown as reality finally hit me.

I can't hide my worriness anymore. I knew everything was so good to be true, and now that I've heard your past how can I be on peace? You've been through a lot already. And that's too much to bear. That it would be so terrible if you happened to be with someone who doesn't deserve you.

I furrowed my brow as I remember it.

'Everyone knows about him and you! He was known for almost killing his daughter! His an insane person!'

Those words, I couldn't erase it on my head. It is something I couldn't ignore even if I wanted to. I had to know the truth. But I was afraid, I had this feeling that it wouldn't be good for the both of us. And I can't just put your life in uncertainty. I need to make sure you're safe with me.

I stared at her one last time before getting up.

'I love you more than anything else Jennie. Wait for me, I'll be back.' I mumbled as I tucked her hair at the side. And kissed her forehead as gentle as possible. Then I bit my lip and heave a deep sigh before slowly helping myself up and getting off the bed, making sure that I won't wake her up.

After I successfully got out of the bed I started dressing myself carefully slow, and even folded her clothes that was scattered at the floor and laid it neatly on her bed.

It's 3am, Jennie will wake up soon. I need to be back here before she woke up. And as much as I wanted to tell her about my errands I just can't, cause I know she will not let me. Specially if she knew what my reason is. I have to go to my mom and ask her personally about that matter. Before our flight at the afternoon.

--------------------

Present time.

7am.

At Jennie's apartment.

The girl was pacing back and forth in her room. As she keep on calling Lisa's number for an hour now. She did tried calling their office to ask if Lisa was there but unfortunately she isn't there. She also tried asking Seulgi, but same goes with the latter.

"Unnie?", Nayeon and the other two girls went inside Jennie's room, as they were already worried bout their unnie who hasn't even eaten her breakfast even though she woke an hour ago.

Jennie finally put down her phone. And gave up as she slumped back on her bed sitting on the edge.

"I couldn't contact her. Her phone wasn't even ringing. Maybe she already changed her mind, and does not want to marry me anymore?", Jennie mumbled softly as she lowered her head.

Nayeon, Jihyo and Dahyun then immediately run towards her. And sat on the bedside with her. While Dahyun went on her back and wrapped her arms around her unnie's shoulder. Hugging their oldest.

Jennie then begun to cry as she felt so hopeless now. She already had a feeling that Lisa was affected with what she heard from her father last night. And this might be the reason why Lisa left, and the thought of Lisa leaving her now was breaking her heart. She didn't know what to do anymore. And who else would she call?