Chapter 36: Morning

"Don't ever lay your hands on Jennie.", Lisa said hoarsely her eyes was fuming in anger, as she grabbed the man again by the collar and forcefully pull the guy up to make him stand again.

Jennie was left frozen at her stand, staring at her girl and didn't expected the latter to be this strong.

Mr. Kim got on his feet, and grabbed Lisa's hands from his collar and shove it away with force, glaring back at the girl while smudging with his hand the place where Lisa had punch him.

"You!? You are like your father, violence run through your blood.", Mr. Kim said with smug look mocking the girl in front of him. Lisa's jaw clenched and her hands balled into fist as she heard the man talked again.

"Leave!", Lisa stepped forward and was about to lunge another attack at the man. But Jennie quickly encircled her arm around Lisa's waist, holding the girl in place.

"Stop. Please.", Jennie whispered at Lisa's back as she tighten her hold at the girl.

Lisa then dropped her fist that was supposed to land at the man infront of them. And quickly turned around facing Jennie with straight face.

Jennie saw and got surprised when Lisa suddenly faced her. Lisa then suddenly grabbed her by the wrist tugging her as the latter started to walk towards the entrance of the building. Jennie without hesitation let Lisa drag her out of the place. Not looking at her father anymore.

"I'll go back for my daughter! I won't let her marry you!", Mr. Kim shouted, enough to reach Lisa's ear. Lisa heard it making her grit in anger, but ignored it and continued walking in haste, making their way inside the apartment building.

--------------

Inside the apartment.

Jennie Pov.

We stopped at the lobby in front of the stair, hiding behind the entrance door of the building. Away frim my father's sight. Lisa was leaning at the door and looking straight at me still while holding onto my wrist.

Her face was unreadable, I don't even know what she was thinking or even feeling right now. My stupid father, talked a lot about her dad. I know how much Lisa loves her father, and I'm afraid that she'll hate me for this.

"I'm so sorry..", I mumbled and lowered my head feeling all guilty. I'm so embarassed right now that I can't even looked at her.

"Are you hurt? Did I pulled you way too hard?", Lisa asked, as she released the hold on my wrist, and gently caressed the part that she gripped a while ago.

My eyes widen in surprised as I heard what she said. So I quickly lifted my head to looked at her. And caught her eyes staring at me, her warm gentle eyes that always so breathtaking. That always makes my heart melt.

Why are you like this? Why would you think of me first? If it wasn't about my father suddenly barging here you wouldn't hear those words. It would be more understandable, if you'll get mad right now. Now I feel more embarassed to look at you.

And so I looked away, turning my head on the right averting my eyes of her. As I pursed my lip tight, clenching my hands close.

But suddenly Lisa pulled me towards her, and wrapped her arms around my shoulder and bringing my head above her chest, with her palm reaching the back of my head gently.

"I'm scared. I'm so scared when he said that he will not let you marry me. God, I've never been this scared in my life." Lisa mumbled and I could hear how fast her heart was beating. I bit my lip tight trying to hold my tears, I know it wasn't about that, she was just saying that, not to make me worry.