Chapter 15: Judgement

Jennie Pov.

"Uhmm, you see I was a total jerk the last time. But the truth is I wanted to ask you to have breakfast with me on that day, I'm really not that good in asking so instead I forced you. But now? I just want to make it right this time. So can I possibly invite you on a breakfast?", Lisa said, then I remembered. Yes it was that day. It was the same day that we've done that mistake. So I averted my eyes off her and lowered my head, remembering it again.

"I'm sorry, did I remind you of that? I'm really sorry, I shouldn't have asked. I think we should just go straight to the office then.", Lisa said and was supposed to start driving again. But I held her hand to stop her, she looked suprise that she quickly glanced back at me.

"It's ok, don't worry about me. Let's go, you must be hungry now, you should eat first before going to office.", I said smiling weakly to her.

"I can't stop worrying about you.", Lisa blurted out that took me off guard, my heart suddenly stop beating for a second, when I met her eyes looking straight at me.

"Jennie, I can't stop myself from thinking if I was hurting you or not, I'm afraid that I'm hurting you without knowing it. Tell me if my presence was a burden to you. I promise you I'll do anything just to make you feel at ease.", Lisa said still looking straight to me, why is she saying all these stuff? Am I making her feel guilty? Was she only doing all these sweet stuff because she was guilty?

"Why are you being like this?, I'm ok. You don't have to feel guilty about anything.", I said in a low tone, as I clenched my hands over my lap.

"Why would you tell me? Not to feel guilty? I did something wrong to you, I should feel guilty about it.", Lisa said, I looked back at her, and I saw her eyes glistened? I saw her gulped, and her jaw clenched. She looked hurt, and I can't take this kind of look from her. Specially when I know I was the one causing it.

"I'll go to office by myself.", I said and opened the door of her car in a haste. Then went out leaving her inside, my heart was getting heavy by each questions that she threw on me, and I might just cry in front of her again.

"Jennie!", I heard her call me but I didn't turn around as I continue walking away from her. But..

Lisa quickly got out of her car and grab my arm. Making me looked at her. Then she quickly wrapped her arms around me making me bury my head on her chest while one of her hand cupped the back of my head.

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry for bringing that up again. Please don't get mad. Please don't leave me like that." Lisa said and tighten her arms around me, why was she being like this? Why is she treating me like this? She does not tell me anything I don't know if I would assume something or not. Was it just guilt? Is these all because you are guilty Lisa?

"Let's go back, I promise I won't bring that up again.", Lisa said when she pulled away from the hug. And held both my hands.

She shouldn't feel guilty. She did nothing wrong. But how am I supposed to tell her that?

I moved closer to her, she was looking at my hands that she didn't see me tip toed and kissed her on her cheek just beside her lips. It was only a simple peck, but she quickly turned her head looking at me with wide eyes. While she brought her hands on her cheeks holding the place where I kissed her.

"I'm ok, don't ever feel guilty. And you don't have to treat me like this because you feel you owe me something. I don't need you to do all this stuff for me because you are feeling guilty. You can stop now, I won't get mad.", I said and smile to her weakly.

"I'm not doing all these because I'm guilty.", Lisa said and furrowed her brow, looking confused.

Then she brought both her hands underneath my jaw cupping it, as she bend my head to looked up and met her eyes closely.