Chapter 19: Hurt

Jennie Pov.

"Unnie?", Mina asked as she waited for me outside Lisa's office. My eyes was still red I kept on rubbing it cause my tears kept on betraying me.

"Why didn't you go down?", I asked but not looking at her as I went over my desk. Mina followed me and sat beside me.

"Cause you've been silent since you came here this morning. And I was really worried unnie.", Mina said softly, and she patted my shoulder looking at me with concern.

"I did something wrong Mina.", I said and gulped. Feeling my throat getting dry and my hands getting shaky. My conscience is killing me. I never thought I would feel this way for her now it's all haunting me.

Mina then hold on my shaky hands with both her hands and squeezing it, trying to calm me down.

"Unnie, don't force yourself. I'm just here anytime you want someone to talk to. I can give you more time.", Mina said calmly as she gave a comforting smile to me.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, inhaling and exhailing for a couple of minutes trying to calm my self as well. I know I didn't have to tell this to anyone. But everytime a kept on bottling this up only to myself. It's getting more and more heavier, every passing day.

"No, I want to ask you something too. Cause I really didn't know what to do. And this is just driving me crazy.", I said as I got up on my seat.

"Can we talk about it privately?", I asked Mina without looking at her but to the room where we talked last time. She also got up from her seat and looked to where my eyes was pointing at. Mina then nods at me first, before we started to go towards the room.

Mina got inside first and followed by me closing the door, lucky there isn't much employee here at this time. And we could privately talk in here.

"Hmm. are you sure you are ready to tell me about it unnie?", Mina asked. And I just nod in response, and looked at the floor as I heave a long and deep sigh. Clenching my hands close, before I started to talk.

"Mina, I lied to her. I lied to Lisa." I said as I scrunch my eyes closed.

"She didn't raped me. I lied and accused her of something she didn't do." I said and looked at her as I pursed my lips tight.

Mina looked at me with squinting eyes, and tilt her head as she heard what I said. And it took a while before she said something which got me all nervous.

"Wait. I don't get it? what really happened between you two?" Mina asked with furrowed brow.

"It happen Last 3 weeks ago, It happens so sudden. I was working on my sideline, you know it right?", I asked and Mina nods, still focused on me.

"It happens that she was my client. She was so drunk, and when I arrived at her place, She can't even walked properly. She's really wasted to be exact. I didn't have a choice but to get her back safe on her unit. And-", I paused as everything that happened that night flashed back on my head.

I continued telling her everything that happened, and Mina kept her silence until the very last detail.

"Oh my God, unnie. That's really terrible. I mean she's wrong when she forced you at first but then when everything got heated up you gave in. She asked you and you gave her consent before she did it to you. Yes she sexually assaulted you but rape? it's a different thing unnie. She didn't, and the sexual assault won't go through when you happened to gave consent halfway. And you're also not incapacitated when you gave it so it's mutual on both part, you let her.", Mina said and sighing deeply as well.