THIRTEEN

Genesis's POV

When we finally reach the place where the street race is being held it's just after 9 PM. The track in which people are currently racing on are simply old back country roads that nobody has used for normal roads in years. The place is secluded and hidden from any random drivers by a row of thick huge trees. Nobody would accidentally stumble upon a place like this, which made it the best place for illegal track racing.

Despite this being a very remote area there were still plenty of people here. Crowds of around 100 or more men and women were gathered around an array of cars that were spaced out away from the track itself. Some were cheering and yelling at the race currently in progress.

Most of the people appeared to be in there late teens, early twenties and seemed to be enjoying themselves as if this were an average Wednesday evening and not an illegal activity they were participating in.

The sun was just setting so it created an ominous but appealing atmosphere on the tracks. This combined with the headlights of various cars illuminated the tracks well.

I pull my car over to a patch of grass less crowded than the other area where everyone else was parked. My gorgeous Lamborghini Aventador S attracted a few stares which made me smile slightly. Shadow was a special car that was not only incredibly expensive but made plenty of people pretty envious.

Crystal and Sapphire had agreed to stay the night at mine with Prince. It wasn't hard to convince them since Saph didn't want to be anywhere near Axel right now and seemed pretty content with watching over my dog, I also gave them full access to my food supply and Netflix account so it was practically a done deal.

I had clued my friends in on all the details with Axel and how I'd cleared everything up with them. I tried to convince Sapphire that Axel would never harm her and that he wasn't at fault for disappearing but she still didn't want to talk to him.

Axel and Sapphire had a complicated relationship. When I had finally managed to take her and her twin away from their abusive asshole of a father Saphire kinda became a recluse. She wouldn't eat, couldn't sleep, she even resorted to harming herself which scared me and Crystal. I ended up begging Axel to try and talk her out of her harmful thoughts and negative behavior, Crys didn't think it'd do any good due to him being male and 'terrifyingly handsome'- her words. But surprisingly Sapphire embraced Axel's help and the two became close friends.

For a few months, Axel and Sapphire stuck together like glue which was incredibly frustrating to me and Crystal but we coped because we knew it was helping her and that was all that mattered. Finally Sapphire started turning into the wonderful girl she is now. Happy, sarcastic, smart, beautiful and that was all her sister had ever wanted.

Ax and Saph stayed close friends but due to mine and Axels job things started to get complicated and stupidly or smartly depending on one's opinion Axel started pushing his friends away so he wouldn't get them hurt which in my opinion wasn't the best idea at the time. Especially when the threat wasn't that big and was avoidable but Axel being the cautious human being he is didn't want to risk his dear friend's life so he did what he was taught and kept his distance.

However when the threat was finally eliminated the damage had already been done and the trust Sapphire had once held in him was diminished. Foolishly Axel made the mistake of not fighting hard enough to get her back leaving the relationship between them even more broken than was necessary. It was most likely the reason that Sapphire was willingly to disappear with me as well, quickly accepting the idea of never contacting Axel again. That hurt him and her but she was just trying to stop getting hurt again which I understood all too well.

My gaze from inside my parked car drifted to Axel himself who was typing furiously on his phone, frustration, and pain clear on his face. "You okay Ax?" He looks up at me and tried and fails to fake a smile. Axel is good at many things, he's a great doctor, amazing with computers but hiding his emotions was never his strong suit.