NINE

Genesis' POV

I'm late for school.

Again.

Unsurprisingly, I woke up at 9 am because I was out until 3 am Monday because I was on another job assassinating some a drug dealer in the next town over. I would have let it pass but the drugs he were selling were killing people, mainly the local youths. It was an easy job but he had men everywhere so I had to hunt them down and make them stop selling the drugs otherwise they'd be next on my list. The job also means I'll have to make another trip to Thorns tattoo shop to add to my tally.

I park my car and quickly run into the school. Sapphire and Crystal sent me a text this morning, consequently waking me, asking where I was. It was then that I got a time check and ran around my house getting everything I needed.

I dressed in a simple plain white top and washed out jeans that were folded at the ends. I layered it with my typical black leather jacket and bright red converse. Essentially, I wore my bright red lip and a little eyeliner. Since I didn't have much time to sort my hair out I threw it up in a messy bun and tied a red bandana around my head to complete my outfit.

I ran down the hallway at high speed, heading for my English literature class. I didn't mind this class because I loved English and Sapphire and Crystal were in this class. I'm pretty sure Thorn and his friends are also in it but I'm not certain. The only flaw with English literature is that it's taught by Mrs Atkinson, or the teacher from hell as others like to call her. Don't get me wrong she's a good teacher she's just evil, like seriously she'll ask you a question on something we haven't even learnt about and if you don't get it right you get detention.

Once I've located room 83 I slow my pace down and make my way to the class. I had already missed first period which I didn't mind because it was only Italian and I already knew that fluently.

I opened the class room door and everyone looked towards me. My eyes found Crystal and Sapphire and the offered me a small wave. I smiled in return.

"Where's your homework?" Of course Miss Atkinson asks that, not even seeming to know I'm late.

"Homework?" I ask dumbfounded. Obviously I know what homework because she's been drilling it into our minds not to forget it or else. I hadn't done it because I had been 'working' but she didn't need to know that.

"Yes the one I gave you last week." She gruffly responds sending me a hard glare. Gosh, how did she even get a husband?

"Oh that homework. Well I'm sorry to say it committed suicide because it had two many problems." I reply dead serious. For added effect, I fake a tear and put my hand to my heart, looking up at the bland ceiling. "RIP English homework."

The class fills with quiet laughter. I see Saph and Crystal shaking with laughter and I even see Mason failing to muffle his laugh.

I make my way to my seat in the back row. High fiving Saph and fist bumping Crystal on the way past. I settle into my seat which unfortunately just happens to be next to Thorns and three seats away from my friends. Mason sits next to Thorn and Jake sits in front of me.

When I'm comfy I look up at my teacher who's glowering at me. "Did you study at all this weekend?" She questions crossing her arms over her chest.

"Nope." I say popping the 'p' whilst shaking my head no.

"And why not?"

I sit up, my back straight and my hands folded neatly in the desk in front of me. "A year has 365 days for you to study, after taking away 52 Sundays for religious purposes there are only 313 days left. There are about 50 days of summer during which are way too hot to study, so there are 263 days left. We sleep at least 8 hours a day in the year that counts as 122 days, resulting in 141 days left. As we're teenagers we will fool around for a certain amount of time but let's just say an hour for experimental purposes, making it so 15 days are gone, leaving 126 days. We spend 2 hours a day eating, 30 days are used for this purpose in a year and we are left with 96 days of the year. We spend approximately 1 hour talking to friends and family taking away another 15 days, leaving 81 days left overall. Exams and tests take up at least 35 days in our year, hence we only have 46 days. Taking off 40 days for all the holidays, we are left with 6 days. Since everyone gets sick, we'll have to take off another 3 days as a minimum. You're left with 3 days in the year to study. However we must take off another 2 days for unexpected events such as a death, any accidents or a baby being born, consequently leaving a day but that day is your birthday. Therefore my dear teacher there is officially no time in the year to study." I finish with a deep breath.