bus trip (movie au)

Start from the beginning

Gen grabs my arm stopping me from entering the bus. "Wait, I thought you and I were going to sit next to each other. I need to talk to you."

"We can't Gen," I wave my hand between her and I, "This has been over."

I tug my arm off her hold and run towards the bus to save seats. I survey the whole bus and I quietly laugh at the sight of Chris with her mouth wide open while sleeping. I slide into the seat in the middle of the bus and wait. I check my phone and almost text Lara Jean, but I glance to the window mirror and see her exit the car furiously.

I chuckle to myself watching her stuff the manila envelope deep in her backpack. I'll have to ask her what made her so mad at her Dad.

I sit on the bus waiting for her to enter. When she finally enters, Lara Jean looks around until she spots me.

I purse my lips and flash her a quick peace sign. Lara Jean keeps walking straight without looking at me, but I stop her, "Whoa, whoa. Hey, where are you going?"

"I'm going to sit with Chris."

"Chris? Come on, she's sleeping." We both look at Chris who is still in the same sleeping position.

"I saw her Snapchat. She was up all night at this EDM concert thing."

Lara Jean shrugs her shoulders. "That's more reason to sit with her. Don't want her to go swallowing her tongue or anything."

She's gonna leave me alone like that. Before I could sit down, Gen stands at the aisle looking at me, "Is this seat taken?"

"Uh... No--"

"Wait!" I hear a small voice coming from Lara Jean. "Actually, yes. By me." She stands tall even though she's still as short as she is.

I stare in shock and watch Lara Jean take her seat next me. I shrug at Gen and finally sit down next to my girlfriend.

"You missed me didn't you?" I smirk while she nudges me in my shoulder.

Lara Jean shakes her head. "It's because we're dating, so I should sit next to you."

"Now, we're talking!" I exclaim and we both get comfortable before the bus starts up.

How should I do this? It's been awkward ever since our last encounter. I almost yelled my ass off in the hallway. "Hey, I got food for us."

"Really?" Her eyes almost bulge out.

I nod. "Yes, I got the mocha sugar donuts!"

"You did?" Her mouth falls open.

I nod again. Does she think I'm not caring? I get the bag from underneath my seat and sneakily open to show her. "Hey! You even got that." She points the Korean yogurt smoothie.

"Of course I did!"

"You know Peter, I might just keep you a little longer than I intend too just because of all these delicious treats you give me." Lara Jean says while picking a piece of the donut and popping it in her mouth.

I notice a little sugar on her cheeks and I quickly wipe it off with my fingers. "That means I get plus boyfriend points?"

She smiles brightly. "Hey, I bought some stuff too." She shows me inside her bag. "Gummies and Pocky!" I continue to start and see the envelope she was holding onto earlier.

"What's in there?" I ask and see her face turn all red. "Nothing..."

I let it rest since I didn't want a potential fight to occur. "Okay, let's eat then." Lara Jean shoves the envelope further into her bag and takes out the food so could both eat.

Two hours into the trip, I see Lara Jean slowly trying to doze off while sleeping straight. I guess the sugar made her crash.

"Lara Jean, come." I whisper as she opens her eyes.

"What?" I motion for her to lean her head on my shoulder. "Are you sure?" She takes no time to lean on me while I adjust. "Thanks, Peter."

"You're welcome." Then I stay quiet until she's sleeping again.

Buzz. I take my phone out and see a text.

From: Greg - Ain't you guys a cute couple

I see the photo attached of me looking at Lara Jean while she leans on my shoulder.

Greg pops his head two rows ahead of us. He makes a kissing face while I shake my head. I save the photo and take a nap until we get to the lodge.

Maybe this trip, I can finally tell Lara Jean what I feel about her.

/ an: hiiii, i hope you liked that... i dunno what happens in PK's thoughts, but i know that he and LJ are meant to be ☺️

ALSO, the mocha sugar donuts were a favorite of LJ's and Peter when they went on the road trip before the ski trip!

thank you and i hope you loved it, all the love, nikkie 💕 /