driving lessons (fake dating au)

| an: hey it's nik! welcome to a book full of convinsky one shots, i write anything and everything au related (also requested from readers) to lara jean and peter kavinsky! it gets better after this one shot so read on ✨ |

__________

LJSC__________

LJSC
__________

          "Peter, I don't understand why I need to do this." I cross my arms in front of me and refuse to follow anything he says. This routine as the fake girlfriend gets boring when I have to wait for Peter to finish his lacrosse practice... everyday.

Though he says nothing to me, I immediately follow after him because he is my ride after all. "Because you need to learn how to drive, Covey."

I stop my tracks from his reason. "Are you calling me a bad driver?"

Peter flashes me a sly smirk that would have any girl to her knees. I would too, but I was in a bad mood this moment. "For someone who almost ran over me because she didn't want to use her side mirrors... You seem so affected."

I stay quiet for a second before metals keys hit my forehead. "Ouch!"

"Covey! I practically yelled at you to watch out, but you were day dreaming..." He opens the drivers door for me while I continue to rub my forehead from the pain. "Were you by chance daydreaming about me?"

I scrunch my face in slight disgust from his high ego. "Excuse me, but you aren't that cute."

Peter hits his chest like something physically hurt him from my comment while I roll my eyes and continue to get in. "Take care."

I quickly thank him, but he says, "I'm talking to my jeep, not you." I fake a laugh before he comes around the car and takes a seat at the passenger seat. "You ready?"

"Are you sure you want me to drive your car?"

He smiles with all his flashy white teeth. "Of course! I promised Kitty I would teach you how to drive and I wouldn't want you to ride your sparkly bike to school in front of everyone."

"Wait, Kitty did what?"

"She promised me more than one korean yogurt smoothies everyday as long as I teach you how to drive." I nod at the idea that Kitty was plotting things with Peter when she's only known him for just one week. "Now, let's go home."

I start the car and look at the mirrors before reversing out of the parking space. "Okay, good." Peter comments while I start to relax.

As I drive both of us back home, I steal glances at Peter and see his eyes start to close. "Hey! I thought you were trying to teach me, but you're about to fall asleep."

"The only reason why people sleep in the car is because they trust the driver enough to know that they'll take the them to the destination safely." He explains while rubbing his eyes and tries to keep them open.

It's quiet again until he starts another conversation, "So why are you so bad at driving?"

"I'm not... I just got too used to my sister driving me to school so when it came to me driving Kitty and I to school, I wasn't ready for that."

"So you relied on me to drive you guys?" He asks while I nod. "I kinda like you guys relying on me... It's fun to drive with you guys!"

I smile at him and stop when I realize he never drives his own brother to school, "Wait, how come your brother doesn't want to get dropped off at school?"

"Are you kidding me? He probably has a little girlfriend and he knows she'll like me more than him."

"Wow, I couldn't imagine a child liking you." I cringe at the image of a little kid having a crush on Peter.

Peter chuckles all of a sudden. "Hey, the Kavinsky genes only produce handsome men so it's normal."

"I hope your brother doesn't end up as cocky as you."

"Say all you want, Covey... Just know that you fell for this handsome face of mine." Peter says smoothing his cheeks and taking a quick selfie.

I feel a vibrate on my back pocket, but before I could check, Peter points at the green light and I automatically accelerate. "Pay attention!"

He turns on the radio while we continue to drive in silence. Peter quietly sings a few of the lyrics from the songs that play and I hate to admit it, but he probably has a better voice than I do.

When we arrive at my house, I quickly get out of the car and high five Peter in my job well done. "Tomorrow again?"

I give him a thumbs up. "Yeah, but after your lacrosse practice because I doubt Kitty would get in the car." Peter flashes me another smile before driving off to his house.

I go inside to see that I'm the only one home since Kitty was at a friends house. I wish I could be her, but I like to be alone. Once I get to my room, I take out my pocket to see a text message from Peter.

From: PK - Good job! By the way, you look cute when you drive.

I click on the image attached and see the selfie Peter took of him while I was in the background looking all serious with a v on my forehead.

To: PK - Thanks! And I swear I don't look that serious when I drive.

I save the photo into my phone while I see Peter's text bubble pop up.

From: PK - Say what you want Covey

I grin at his reply and continue to make myself comfortable at home when I heard another notification.

From: PK - 😘

__________

/ authors note: I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THAT! I've been a lot of PK imagines and I could never read them without Lara Jean so I kinda started my own interpretation of Covinsky through one shots!

P.S. cto of the gif, it's from tumblr 🙈 and I hope you guys loved that as much as I did!

TORI ILY ✨💕  scarlettlondon /