Roman x reader ~ A Warming Decision

Requested by mostar1219
Roman x reader ~ Roman tries his hand at baking and she stands by in case he needs an extra pair of hands (she knows he's not an expert, but also knows he's secretly insecure). Some ingredients get mixed up along with some measurements, but she avoids interfering. What he's baking ends up getting burnt and she loses most of her breath in the smoke as she tries to turn off the oven. Roman throws the creation away and the two sit on the stairs. He starts to question why she didn't warn him, but stops when he notices his hindsight in his pride kept her silent. They decide to try again and he decides to have her right his wrongs.

Quick A/n: Sorry that I haven't updated in awhile.

Roman put in some things in his mixing bowl, not understanding what the things in the cook book. Y/n stood to the side, awaiting for any help. She sees him pour the gunk in a nice tray and puts it in the oven. Roman turns around and smiles at Y/n. She puts a smile on her face. She had know he had done everything wrong but didn't want his pride and self esteem to be damaged.

A smoke alarm went off and the two quickly look to the oven. Smoke was coming out of it, which didn't seem good. Y/n runs to the oven and coughs at how strong the smoke was. She could feel her lungs giving away but she turned off the stove anyways. Roman comes up beside her and picks her the tray with some gloves. He throws away the burnt what ever it's supposed to be and pulls Y/n away, wanting her to be able to breath.

They sat on the stairs in silence, both not wanting to say something after the current incident. Roman was the one to break the silence.

"Why didn't you tell me I was doing it wrong?"

Silence. Roman started to think of what could have been the matter. He couldn't find any reason until he remembered what Logan said to him yesterday.

"Well sometimes, well your pride can get the better of you and you tend to be very sensitive if people put you down in anyway"

Now Roman knew exactly what was the matter.

"Look, I know that I sometimes get a little sensitive but you could have told me, I would've burnt the house down." He says and chuckles, earning a laugh from Y/n.

"Yeah, Virgil will never live that down, he probably would be like "oh hey fire boy" and then it's gonna catch on" she says, making the two a laughing mess.

"Alright, now before Patton complains about not getting sweets, let's make something, this time you have to help me" he says and stands up, have a hand out for Y/n to grab.

"Well if that doesn't get the house burnt down then sure" she says grabbing his hand as he pulls her up.

"I can't promise that, but I will promise a date next Monday" Roman says and winks, making a slight blush come on the female's face.

"You sly sly Gryffindor"

"Only if you'll be mine always"

"Hmm you've got yourself a deal" she says, having a grin on her face.