Part 16

Jayceon's POV
*ring ring*
My phone was ringing while I was sleep I looked at the phone it was my dad's girlfriend Taylor or ex I really didn't know what they had going on neither did I care.

Fuck her, where my exact thoughts I really didn't care what she had to tell me cause FUCK HER, her hoe ass was probably trying to get back with me .. not that I would blame her 😏

I got out the bed & it was 10:45 I went & took a shower & when I got out I called bria to go for brunch with me, it had been a few days since I seen her so I wanted to chill while I knew I could

The phone rung about 4 times before she picked up "hello?" She said sounding like I had woke up out her sleep

"Wake up girl, we bout to go eat"

"Damn, Goodmorning to you too & that's not how you ask"

"Cause I wasn't asking you, I was telling you" I could tell she was smiling through the phone "fr ima be over there in like 30 mins"

"Alright, bye" with that she hung up.

If y'all wondering me & bria were not exclusive or nothing we was just kicking it at first I thought she was gone be Brooke rebound but I like being round her, she good company.
I was tired of Brooke sensitive ass to say the least, she didn't know what she wanted one day it was me the next it was that clown ass nigga & I didn't have the time or patience, not saying I was over her I just wasn't worried about being with her anymore.

Rn I'm pulling up at bria house she was so pretty but so simple she didn't need to wear a lot or make up or weave she had natural beauty I liked that in her.

* ring ring ring ring*
Taylor was STILL calling me, by this time me & bria was on are way to eat but I decided to pick up.

"What do you want?"I said rudely

"Why haven't you been picking up!? your dad has been shot ..."I couldn't even hear anything else because my dad had been shot before I mean it's the business we in, so I knew this could only mean one thing.
"JAYCEON DO YOU HEAR ME!?"

"Sorry, say it again." I said coming back to my senses

"He died, he's gone & your in charge."

After she said that I hung up, bria looked like she wanted to say something but she didn't, she could only hear my side of the conversation anyways, I turned around & took her back home & I went back home because I didn't know how to feel.

Brooke's POV
I was happy with Jeremy, we both got back in school catching up on the tons of work we missed be since I only needed 2 more credits & he needed 3 it wasn't too much.

I hadn't talked to Jay, I missed him but I didn't know what to say to him because telling him me & Jeremy were a "thing" wouldn't go well & i knew he would bring it up so I just left it alone, if he wanted or needed to talk to me he would.

Tbh I liked being with Jeremy but something was missing, I was happy don't get me wrong but I don't know .. it was crazy because when I was with Jay I never felt this way I felt ... complete but me & him could only be friends nothing more or less. I wasn't good enough for him or his lifestyle him being a dope boy was horrible to me I wanted him to get back in school get a real job, I didn't want to be a down chick getting locked up & shit for him, I wanted him to be legally successful.

Right as I was having these thought my phone buzzed it was jay
"I need you bad, come to my house rn please." I read it & hopped in my car

*20 mins later*
I used my key to his house & walked in & went straight to his room, he was on the floor leaning against the bed.

"What's wrong?" I asked

"He died." He said in a low voice

"Who?" I said bending down to his level "who died?"

"Justin, he died before we could even .." he didn't finish his sentence he just put his head in his hands & I sat next to him & put my arm around him

"I'm so sorry baby" he looked up & one tear fell from his eye I wiped it off & kissed his forehead he looked up then I kissed his nose & he smiled & then his lips.