Chapter 32

Ethan's POV

The dragging of a door resonates through my room as the padding of feet approach me, scared of who might be there I lay silent, still as a board as I wait for their next move.

"Ethan?" A whispering behind me

"Ethan" a little louder but barely noticeable, I turn in bed to see Grayson, in his arms little Harry as he stared down with big eyes

"Can you... come sleep with me... I don't want to sleep alone..."

I get up as Grayson is already on his way back to his room, walking down the hall to the last room on the right there lies Grayson, on his side with Harry in his arms.

I walk over, lifting the covers as I get in, placing Zayn between us as Grayson follows with Harry.

We lay there stiff, wanting to touch Grayson, have him in my hold, protect him, but I can't. A hand ghosts over mine as a full weight is placed upon it, I look up to see Grayson with low eyes and a nervous bite of the lip, reaching over I grab his waist, gently bringing him closer as he cuddles into my chest with my head placed in the crook of his neck, there we lay asleep, together.

~•~

I wake up to the beautiful sight of Grayson, his hair a mess, small pool of drool hanging off his lips as his cheek is squished out, adorable.

I look between us to see no bears, looking over Grayson I see those two cuddled up in their own mess of bed sheets, how do those two always end up on their own, a mess in bed?

I pull Grayson fully on top of me, he rises with my chest as his limbs sprawl out on the bed. I look down at the floor and notice something popping out of my jeans, squinting my eyes I see a fuzzy little tan head, the bear.

I had completely forgotten about him, I gently picked Grayson off of me and laid him across the bed, he groaned in discomfort trying to reach out for me, I placed a pillow in his arms as a smile replaced his frown cuddling against it.

I walked to my jeans, picking the little guy out of my pocket and walking back over to Grayson. As I gently picked out the pillow beneath him I switched it over for myself, as he cuddles up to my chest his eyes blink open, a yawn following as he stretches out his arms across my chest.

"Morning" I croak out

"Morning" he returns with a smile as he lays his chin on my chest, looking up at me with hooded eyes, cheeks still puffy from sleep.

"I got a surprise" I whispered, stroking his cheek

He tilts his head in confusion

I pull out my hand from behind my back showing Grayson the little bear I found earlier.

He gasps, sitting up as he straddles me, holding the little bear in his hands, inspecting it closely.

"It looks just like Harry and Zany's!" He squeals out as he embraces me in a tight hug. He reaches over picking up both Harry and Zayn as he shows them their new "child" as Grayson and I both call him.

We put them all together with their love child in the middle, we decided to call him Bryant, in remembrance of my best friend now dead, Grayson agreed since he too knew of him, what happened to him and what he meant to me, everything that happened it's now like he will always be with me, I'll never forget him.

Bryant was a perfect color, like the desert sand a nice tan brown, a combination from Zayn who's decently dark tan while Harry's fair colored.

We left the family of three on their own upstairs while we left to go have breakfast and talk downstairs. Enjoying each other's presence together, happy to be ok.