Chapter 27

Ethan's POV

Diving under the red water to see a clouded figure floating down to the white sand below, Grayson. Swimming down towards him I grab around his waist, swimming up to the surface, gasping as I reach the top, swimming out of the water with one hand around Grayson while the other pushes the water next to me.

Dragging him behind me as I lay him down on the ground. Checking his breathing to find out there's no pulse, no air is coming out of his mouth, his chest is lying still as opposed to rising up and down.

I place the palm of my hands on his chest, pushing three times before I plug his nose with two fingers and blowing air into his small little mouth. Over and over I repeat these steps, I'm losing hope as I keep going, seeing the blood oozing out of him creating a small puddle as it streams outwards, afraid that his head injury might have been the cause of his death.

At a last attempt I strike down a final blow to his chest, his body lunging onto the air as he coughs up the clear warm water. I cry clinging myself onto him as he keeps coughing, my arms wrapped around him as he lays on mine weakly.

He closes his eyes, his breathing faint and light, I pick him up bridal style, grabbing the clothes and placing it on top of his passed out body as I run back to the town.

Trying not to drop him or fall over, failing few times as I run across the town into the house still bare. I place him down gently across the bed, placing a pillow beneath his head as the blood still leaks out of gash on his head.

I run downstairs to the first aid kit, going back up placing it down next to his limp body, flipping the locks and opening the kit, grabbing a towel nearby I place it on the wound to catch the blood. Getting the rest of the materials I need I go to the bathroom getting a bar of soap and a bottle of water as I clean his wound, disinfecting it the best I could, rinse off any soap duds and place a new clean towel applying pressure for around ten minutes until the blood flow has simmered down a bit.

Grabbing any cold metal objects I placed them around the cut to reduce any swelling and pain in the area, after about twenty minutes or so I wrapped a towel around the cut and left him be.

I sat next to him wanting to be close, grasping his hand in mine I stayed in silence for a while, I apologized for what happened, blaming myself for not being able to help him, for what happened, for going first, for it being him and not me.

After a while I stopped talking to him and just laid there next to him, thinking about nothing as I stared up at the ceiling. I looked around in search of the clock to check the time, it had been almost an hour since I let him rest, I stood up and grabbed the cold objects once again, washing them and placing them back on the swollen area after removing the slightly bloody towel to reduce the size and pain of the wound.

When done with the de-swelling I grabbed some gauze, wrapping it around his head, grabbing some duct tape I took the end, taking it and taping it down, securing it stayed still.

I tucked him in bed, bringing the blanket up his small chest as it rose up and down. I sat by the window once again, checking in on him every once in a while, it was 7:30 P.M when I sat to stay watch.

~•~

Seeing the sun rise I noticed I had stayed up all night once again, looking back to check Grayson seeing him still sleeping peacefully on the bed.

I grabbed some breakfast, placing Grayson's close by along with some pills for the pain in his head with some water and placing it down on the bedside cabinet.

~•~

It was now 2:37 P.M, Grayson still lays in bed asleep, I'm afraid that he's in a coma or has gotten a concussion from the fall. The bed springs creak slightly as I look over and see Grayson groaning as he brings his hand up to touch his head.

I run over grabbing his hand before he can touch anything

"Hey hey, it's okay, take it easy, you hurt your head pretty hard, here" I said handing him two pills, helping him sit up he took the pills, getting the water I handed him and gulping down the water to help with the pills.

I brung him back down on his back, caressing the side of his face as he stared up groggily at me, squinted eyes and parted lips.

"What happened?" He whispered

"You fell off the cliff, im so sorry Grayson, it's all my fault, and I'm so sorry," tears were falling down my cheeks at the though of Grayson being hurt and it being because of me.

He faintly touches my cheek as I look up into his eyes, he smiles lightly

"None of this was your fault, I slipped and fell, don't blame yourself, ok? It's the cliffs fault not yours, so don't blame yourself,

If you want we can go back there and beat it up while we call it names if it makes you feel better"

I chuckled at what what Grayson said, embracing him in a light hug to not hurt him anymore,

"I'm so glad you're ok" crying into his chest as he lays back, rubbing my back up and down as my body racks from my sobs, the possibility of loosing him, failing someone once again making me feel terrible, I didn't and won't lose anyone else again.