Chapter 8

Grayson's POV

It has been a couple weeks and it's now November third. Nothing much has happened, I did pretty much the same things I did down there in the cellar.

The big difference being it didn't reek of crap and piss. I had more space too, and sometimes slept in different houses each night.

Sometimes when I felt like being loud and just wanted to have some fun I would go to the middle of town where there stood a beautiful-big fountain that had crumbled a little and the greenery surrounding it grew over it a bit which just increased the beauty of it.

I would stand on top of the fountain and sing with such passion and force, giving my own little "concert" for nobody but myself, and of course Harry who I would place on a bench that stood close by to the fountain. I would belch out notes and dance around just enjoying myself, it was nice to sometimes just let loose.

My school was a fine arts school so we focused more on the arts. I was involved in music and art. I was apart of the select chorus at our school and we would perform in front of the whole town at special events and practice at the school.

I auditioned for it and got in, I was a tenor so I sang decently high if I tried hard enough and was really into it.

~•~

I would do daily check ups and scope the perimeter of the town in search of any life or something out of the ordinary. The only life around being some bugs and the occasional squirrels here and there but I haven't seen much of anything else.

This place used to flourish with life, families of deer, the hoots of owls at night, birds hawking overhead, the typical farm animals some people owned, but now nothing, lifeless besides the very few species that still stood.

I still kept on exercising, sometimes just running laps around the small town. I still drew, and now only grew so much more inspired finally being out of that dreary cell. I would draw whatever I saw, the broken down buildings, the trees that were all mismatched and tumbled about.

The inside of buildings were very interesting, some places looked untouched while others looked all destroyed and torn up, beautiful nonetheless, how the light would stream through the holes in the ceilings and the ivy had grown all crazily was amazing to look at.

Looking around in houses I had discovered some more books to keep myself entertained, like TV but without all the sound, and instead used my imagination to come up with all these colors, people, buildings, houses, everything that the books mentioned I would create up in my head and imagine what they really looked like. My mind was like a screen, playing the movie while I read the dialogue.

These books were a good replacement for an english class, I was learning how to read at a higher level, expanding my vocabulary, and enjoying myself in the process.

After finding so much books I had remembered about the school I attended, and how it's probably still standing, or most of it at least.

Maybe if I went there and looked around I could find some textbooks on some subjects like math and history. I could further improve my knowledge and become smarter.

I grabbed my backpack, and left to the school.

~•~

As I walked along the path to my old school I heard some rustling in the bushes a few feet away from me. I was paralyzed in fear at what it could be, but also interested in the possibility of it being a person.

"Hello!?" I called out

A few seconds later the rustling continued and out popped a head of a deer. My eyes widened in surprise and amazement, a deer was right in front of me, alive, it was stunning.

I stayed silent and did not move, the deer came out from behind the bushes and slowly stalked around me, coming up close and sniffing my body, looking up at me with its big black eyes, ears twitching a little, then slowly strode away and disappeared off into the woods.

I blinked a couple times and then shook my head to bring me back to reality. I continued on my way to the school, humming along to a song as I slowly yet eagerly escalated up the steps to the front door of the school.

It was still intact for the most part, just molded over with ivy and other plants assorted around the area with the trees surrounding it creating a spotlight shining upon the school.

I only had my backpack on me which was left empty just in case there were some things here I wanted or needed to bring back with me. I decided on leaving Harry at the current house I was staying at so he could take his supposed "beautyrest," he was already cute, I don't know for what else he needed it for, but I left him anyways.