Chapter 11

Ethan's POV

Bryant and I had fully read the EMERGENCY ALERT and it explained how the war was a worldwide war, involving every country around, pretty much The United States of America and its allies against North Korea and Russia and its allies.

It said that we were facing a nuclear war with the world, all sorts of bombs had been involved as well, all the arsenal that every country had. Apparently it started with people going to other countries attacking the public and killing everyone but it had all started so quickly and one after another everything eventually ended as soon as it began.

There wasn't much else said. I guess the world finally came to an end with the human race killing each other off. I wonder if there is anyone else out there in a similar situation Bryant and I are in. Is there anyone else, I thought. Are we the last of our kind left on this planet, I doubted it, but if it's true then what's the point, why stay around.

Was this our own version of the rapture, ridding everyone worth dying and leaving the good alive or vise versa? Did God himself plan this out, was this the Second Coming of Christ, but wouldn't Bryant and I have been transported to Heaven, we were not bad people, and only twelve so we have not caused much harm to be still placed down here. I guess this was just our own wrongdoing.

Bryant and I just talked for a while. We were discussing what we should do, should we head out and see if everything is alright, wait down here until someone comes and gets us, but what if no one ever came? What if there is no one else to even find us? We were scared, but at least we had each other.

We ended up deciding to count all the food and liquid we had and ration it out so that it could last us as long as it can. We grouped up the food by expiration dates, the ones to expire first we would eat firstly and go on from there.

We had a couple packs of 24 water bottles down here so that was neat. Everything was pretty much set on how we would eat for the time being.

We cleared out a little section of the basement and grabbed some blankets, and towels as pillows. The washing and drying machine were down here to so we had plenty of clothes and blankets and other things like that down here to keep us clothed and comfortable.

There was another room connected to the basement where the floors were kind of just made of dirt, it was unfinished and new and not too big, but big enough for us to use as a bathroom. We had stacks of things here some including toilet paper so we kept that by the bathroom, as well as some bottles of hand sanitizer and wet wipes to cleanse our hands.

After everything was set, with some breaks in between, we had finally gotten to rest and just relax. We both laid down on our "beds" and stared up at the ceiling, both deep in thought. I started to think of what was going to happen to me, to Bryant, everyone. Who's dead? Whos alive? Questions kept flowing around in my head as I stared blankly at the ceiling.

"You OK?" asked Bryant

"Yeah just thinking" I answered slowly