Chapter 12

Ethan's POV

July 8, 2007

Bryant and I did the same thing everyday. We exercised with the gym down here a couple hours a day, we were pretty fit for our age but now we only grew more in muscle. Bryant stood at 5,3 while I stood at 5,4.

We had slight abs starting to form already and an increase in muscle, we were improving greatly considering there wasn't much else to do down here. We ate, and not that much, we didn't have a whole bunch of food left or water but enough for a couple weeks hopefully.

We would switch out our blankets after a couple weeks because they started to smell considering we can't take showers and we work out.

Nothing worked down here, of course, the bombs of all sorts had probably struck most structures for these type of things to stop working.

Sometimes Bryant and I would just pass a ball to each other and talk. Right now we were talking about this time when Juanpa, our Mexican friend, was talking to our little group of friends in the front of class a few minutes before class started.

We were talking about where we should go over the weekend, with all our parents too to have a good time.

Ideas were thrown here and there until Juanpa basically screamed out "Lets go to the beach," as a suggestion and with his strong spanish accent making it sound like bitch instead.

Seeing as we were still young several people gasped and turned towards him. Our group was trying to contain our snickers with grins upon our faces as our teacher turned around and stared right at Juanpa with a stern face.

Juanpa had a look of confusion while he glanced around the room seeing stares from everyone. "Juanpa to the office now" Mr.Asshelmet spoke sternly, "b-but why?" Juanpa spoke all innocently.

I felt kind of bad but nonetheless it was still funny. "Don't start to back talk me, now go!" the teacher yelled as he slammed his fist down on his table, everyone becoming silent at his sudden harsh action.

Juanpa got up and left with teary eyes and a look of annoyance for he hadn't known what he did wrong, and didn't get a chance to ask what he did wrong.

Bryant and I kept talking about our past, bringing up memories from our families and friends. The more we talked about them the more it seemed like we were trying to make ourselves believe they were still alive. As if they were upstairs and we were just in the basement hanging out.

They might be but I doubt it. If a war was going on and it was worldwide I bet most of the world is gone by now.

Bryant started to ask what I thought some of our friends were doing right now. What our families were doing, were they looking for us, in some place trying to survive like us.

We talked about everyone and what they were probably doing at the moment, it was fun, and uplifting to think that they could still be alive. Somewhere out there probably wondering the same thing as ourselves.

Bryant started to slur and fade out his words and was fighting to keep his eyes open. I decided that it was time to call it a night, I blew out the candle between us that gave us enough light to see each other and went to bed with the thought of my family and friends. I slept peacefully that night.