Chapter 25

Grayson's POV

I woke up to the sounds of birds chirping, my eyes slowly opening to the sight of Ethan's face glowing a dark yellow from the late sun cascading across his face from the window. I looked down to see our hands were still loosely intertwined as I could feel our legs curled over one another.

I smiled and laid my head down, my eyes open as I silently watched the beautiful scenery displayed in front of me.

I looked down between us remembering about Harry to see him draped slightly over Ethan's bear across his chest. I smirked slightly at the two, cute I thought.

My gaze returned to Ethan as I heard him inhaling through his nose as his eyes fluttered open, stretching his arms above his head as his legs spread out with mine.

He dropped back down closing his eyes to open them a few seconds later to stare back into mine, a smile forming on his lips as we looked at each other.

"Good Morning" he whispered, his voice still raspy from just waking up.

"Hi" I smiled.

He looked down to our bears sprawled out on each other, chuckling he said "Good Morning to you too Zayn" finding it funny to see the position our bears were in.

He looked over to my empty hand laying across the bed grasping it in his hold once again as he sighed contently.

Closing our eyes we laid there for a sec to enjoy the comfort we had both needed in this moment, us two together right now, entangled with one another in our hold.

~•~

Ethan was taking out two granola bars from his bag passing me one to eat as our dinner now seeing as it's almost night being 5:56 P.M.

We sat at the kitchen table downstairs eating our food as we drank water to wash down the dryness of it all. We didn't talk much but it was a comfortable silence between the two of us.

Ethan got up to throw away his wrapper walking over to the front door telling me to come with him. I quickly ate the rest of my remaining bar, throwing it away and heading after him.

As soon as I headed out the door I was pushed slightly hearing the melodic voice of Ethan saying the phrase that accompanied the ever famous childhood game of Tag, "You're it!"

He smiled running down the steps away out onto the streets of the town, running after him as we both giggled loudly chasing each other, tagging one another and for once feeling like I was a child again, like as of right now nothing mattered, it was just a fun game with someone and I didn't have to worry about food, shelter, water, or getting found by those people. The only thing that mattered right now was this, Ethan and I.

~•~

We played until it was fully dark out, heading inside deciding to really take turns taking watch of the town through the window. Ethan said he would take the first shift and let me sleep.

I laid down with Harry in my arms, Zayn Ethan's bear which I had found out his name just this morning laid in Ethan's spot sleeping by himself. I felt bad for him, Zayn sleeping on his own, I placed Harry gently by Zayn, pulling up the sheets over them as I hugged myself snuggling into the pillow falling asleep.

Ethan's POV

Watching the dark streets of the town I heard light snores coming from behind me, looking over my shoulder I see Grayson snoozing away peacefully on the bed, parted beautiful plump lips with his arms tucked to himself.

I carefully walked over, bending down next to his side of the bed. I looked over and saw both Harry and Zayn snuggled with each other, good for them.

I looked down at Grayson staring at his marvelous features, so innocent and pure, laying my hand upon his cheek I gently stroke it with the pad of my thumb, his lips tug up into a gentle smile as he pushes further into my touch.

I chuckle slightly at his cuteness, getting up I walk back to my station by the window, leaning my elbows down on the window sill staying alert, I'm not letting the same thing happen to Grayson that happened to Bryant, he's my responsibility, besides Zayn he's all that I have left, Grayson's mine and I'm going to protect him with everything I have.