Chapter 21

Grayson's POV

The first person I've seen since I've been out of the cellar is standing right in front of me. Too shocked to say something I stand there, frozen in place. He looks around before taking another step in, before he can look up again an armed man emerges from the home office and points a gun straight at the boy.

He freezes, scared-wide eyes he looks up at the persons eyes and scrunches up his eyebrows as his breathing gets heavier.

"You thought you could get away, trick us and leave you to live" he spoke in a thick accent. He chuckled a bit before bringing the gun back and roughly swinging the gun down in a quick motion, bringing the boy down to the ground as he bled from his nose holding a hand over his cheek.

The boy looked up at the man, too scared to move, to do anything. The man continued to talk as the boy looked on in fear. I looked around for anything I could use to help. The boy noticed me and looked over with wide eyes as I was bent down on the floor. I mouthed for him to run.

I grabbed a stone and threw it across the hall hitting a couple lockers before it landed on the floor. The man turned at the distraction as the boy got up and ran out of the school. The man turned back raising his gun up in the air ready to shoot. I quickly ran up to him and jumped on his back as I crossed my arms around his neck, choking him.

He twisted and turned trying to shake me off his back. He fell down to one knee, slowly blacking out, as his breaths grew staggered as he choked, fading in and out of consciousness, using the last of the strength he had he rapidly got up on his feet and pushed back, slamming me to the wall, crumbling to pieces with a hole in the wall making me fall off and land on the floor, facedown as I coughed out in pain.

Gasping we were both reaching over for the gun he had dropped, slowly he grasped the handle with his fingertips as I struggled to stand up, only on a knee and hand holding myself up trying to run away.

The boy comes back in slamming down a rock on his head, the man fell over and the boy kept going, over and over he went, the helmet the man wore was now cracked and crumbled as he kept going, not stopping, blood splattered everywhere as I stared in shock as the boy didn't stop. Blood spewed over his face as he kept chucking the rock down on the man.

The boy started going at a slower pace, bringing down the rock slowly, choking out a sob as he cried out and stopped hitting the man, dropping the rock on the mans head as it rolled off onto the floor. He slumped back against the wall crying as he pushed the man away with his legs.

I sat there in shock as I stared at the blood splattered face of the boy. The head of the man now smashed to chunks of flesh and bone as blood spewed out everywhere, creating a red-thick puddle on the floor.

I gently crawled over to the weeping boy, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder, flinching from my touch he looks up into my eyes, a beautiful pair of eyes stare back into mine.

He fell into my arms sobbing into the crook of my neck as he clung onto me, like a sloth to a branch he had me tight in his hold. My clothes gathering his tears as he cried out, mixing with the blood of the man as he laid there still.

I rubbed his back as he stayed there in my arms, dead weight on my chest as I remained there and comforted him.