murderous

Akia was hidden by a maid dress and a head scarf covering her face. she almost found herself giggling as she passed by unsuspecting guards.

She ran to the back of the queen's chambers where Julius her new guard stood waiting for her.
He takes her hand before flashing her a smile.

"Where are we going?" Akia asked and Julius pretends to think about it.
"Why don't we just let the earth lead us?" He asked before turning and dragging Akia with him in an unknown direction.

Akia didn't mind not knowing where she was going, as long as it was far from the palace it would suffice.

She follows behind him eagerly.

"What's your name?" She finds herself asking.
"Julius, Julius maegn"
"Which land did you come from?" Akia asked as they start to enter into a patch of trees.

"Dowlord, have you heard of it?"
"No, is it beautiful there?" She asked and the guard shrugs.

"Sure I suppose, it's a land of painters and dancers."
"Really?, are there lots of play Wrights and pageants there too?" Akia asked pushing a tree branch out of the way.

"Is that the sort of thing you like my lady?" Julius asked turning to see Akia's nod and smiling face.
"I expected someone of your status to wonder about jewelry and dresses."
"Oh I wonder about those as well" Akia said and Julius laughed, encouraging her to speak up some more.

"I love plays, especially those about romance and war. It always seemed like both of those things were too complicated and too far away."

"and now they are right in front of you?" julius asked and Akia shook her head.

"when i leave the palace I'm going to travel the land looking for the best play writers and I'm going to get them all to write a wonderful play.. oh with singers as well. especially those trout singers from the east."

"leave the palace?" julius asked and Akia froze.

"when I'm much older and my son has descend upon the throne, he'll permit me the freedom to go where ever I please."

"i thought you just meant you'd escape, but you really are in it for the long game huh?" julius said before breaking apart a border of branches.

Akia could hear the distant waves of the ocean, her chest bubbled in anticipation to witness such a sight.

once julius opened the pathway before he could pass through himself the small girl rushed passed him. she finds herself on sand. her toes anxious to curl into the waxy element.

"lets take off our shoes." she said to julius who was already pulling off his leathery boots.

she takes off her fancy close toed shoes and flings them in whatever which direction. then she starts running, letting her dress flow in the wind carelessly. she feels free, as if the palace shackles and the royal baby in her stomach were no longer holding her back.

she felt tears roll down her eyes as she sees a crab walk around. a laugh leaves her mouth and she runs into the water, lifting up her dress to splash around freely.

julius watches from afar as the girl dances in the water. he sits feeling serenity over come him.

He shuts his eyes and lays his head to rest shadow of the scorching sun.

He opens his eyes to see Akia looking down at him.

"We should dance." She said and he raises a brow.
"To what music?"
"You don't hear that?" Akia said placing a hand above her ears in a cupping motion.
"What am I supposed to be hearing?" The guard said and Akia spins around.
"The song of the whale" Akia said before jumping around and twirling on the sandy land.