Twisting Fates

"Well... if there is a fight to be had then wouldn't it be more fare if it were two on four rather then one on four?" a voice said. Nanao turned to look at Ashido out of the corner of her eye so she could continue looking at the four female Arrancar that were near by. "Of course, the real question is if you really want to fight us."

Francheska spoke with a loud voice. "Of course we're going to fight with you. There is no other option."

"No other option?" The man frowned at them. "After being stuck here in the land of Hollows always fighting Hollows I would hope that there is an option where we don't have to fight you. Because to be honest, I'm tired of fighting Hollows here as they aren't doing anyone in the Living World or Soul Society any harm."

"We have our orders, so..."

"Apacci." The other female stopped speaking with the leader of their group choose to speak her name. "Explain."

"If you have free will you can easily decide which orders you agree or don't agree with and you can decide which ones that you'll obey and how you'll obey them. If by chance the others fail, then you fighting us and defeating us will be a waste of your time and effort. But if this Aizen wins like you may expect, it doesn't matter if one of us gets to the child, he'll come back and stop us himself."

"That makes absolutely no sense at all."

"I find this amusing because it makes perfect sense." Sun-sun chuckled behind her sleeve.

"I'll let her go under two conditions." Harribell stated firmly. "First, you fight me so we can see which one of is stronger. Second, she tells me why she is here to rescue a male child that happens to be a captain and why others aren't here."

"Excuse me?" Nanao felt herself bristle. She wasn't sure where this was going either. "A female can fight just as well as a male."

"That isn't what I meant. Why didn't they send an actual captain?"

"Because this rescue meeting isn't approved by Soul Society."

"Then what is your attachment to the small taicho? Is he your taicho." Haribell continued to press for answers.

"He's the taicho of a friend of mine who is like a sister to me."

"And why isn't she here?" The female narrowed her eyes.

"Because she tried leaving despite orders to do otherwise and now is under house arrest and unable to leave without getting caught." Nanao narrowed her eyes at the female.

"But why is he so important to her that you would go to great lengths for this captain. Would she do the same for your captain."

"Are you mocking me or do you want a serious answer?" Nanao pushed up her glasses in frustration. "If you want a serious answer, that small taicho is like family to her. If I had a family member I couldn't rescue she would in fact do the same thing if it was within her means."

"Sacrifice..." Harribel nodded her head and then to Nanao's surprise gave her some specific instructions on where to head from there. "Follow my instructions if you want, but I guarantee you that you'll have a harder time finding him if you don't and you may find yourself actually having to fight someone. Then again, I think you will have to fight someone once you get him, so no matter."

The female glared at them before slowly backing down the hallway before turning and running. She followed the instructions she was given, frustrated with the fact she had received help from an Espada. It also seemed as if she was in a manner condescending her ability but instead brushed it aside. As she left she was sure that the three Fraccion were voicing their disgust that their opponent had gotten away, only to hear one say she wasn't really worth the effort.

She finally came to the room and found herself suddenly freezing as she saw that it was organized as if it were a living room from the living, but nothing seemed comfortable and everything was white. She then head down the hall way noticing that there were rooms with objects shaped like furniture one would find in a bedroom. She slipped through one and into a long hall way behind the place and stepped forward and felt for a panel.

A clicking sound was heard and the door opened slightly. She carefully opened the door up and stared into the hole. It was barely lit, but she could make out a small figure sitting there. "Hitsugaya Taicho."

For a few minutes there was silence and then she found herself watching as Hyorimaru was pushed out of the door to clatter onto the ground. She then heard a scuffling sound as two sandal clad feet with black tabi pushed out of the small opening and then the small taicho appeared in front of her. At first the child didn't look up at her, but then he looked up and stared.

Nanao found herself swallowing as Toshiro had a slightly glazed look in his eyes and the fact he simply stared at her without saying anything was unsettling. "Hitsugaya Taicho?"

"Are you real?" The words came tumbling out of the boy's mouth and there seemed to be a bit of hope in his eyes. He seemed far more child like then she had ever seen him, which bothered her. She couldn't help but notice the change of clothing and how inappropriate it seemed for someone to wear such clothing and she found herself looking at the ceiling closing her eyes "Oba-san, are you real?"

"Oba-san?" The fukutaicho of the eighth felt the corner of her mouth twitch.

To her surprise Toshiro placed his hands on her face and she was forced to notice the bandages around his wrists. "Oba-san, are you real or are you an illusion created by Aizen."

Nanao grabbed the smalls hands. "I'm real, but I don't have any proof for you."

"Hyorimaru says it is real as well, but I've also been told he isn't real."

"I..." The female shook her head at him before pulling his hands away from her face to look at his wrists. "What have you done to yourself? Did you give up that much on one of us rescuing you?"

She watched as the boy swallowed. "I figured I could beat his game this way. It didn't work. Ichimaru rescued me."

"Gin did?"

"At least I think it was Gin."

Nanao placed he hands on his face and forced him to look her in the eye. His eyes darted away so that he wouldn't have to look her in the eye. "Are you thirsty, hungry?"

The boy found himself licking his lips. "It isn't hot in here, but it sure is dry."

She then reached for one of the water jugs she had brought and unscrewed the cap. He took it from her and began to guzzle the water down. She found herself placing one hand behind his head and another to pull it away as some of the water missed going into his mouth and down his cheek. "Slow down. You'll make yourself sick. You can have some more in a bit."

She then watched as Toshiro wiped his mouth. "Do you need something to eat?" The boy simply shook his head. Letting out a deep sigh she tried again. "Come with me. We need to meet up the others."

"Why? I don't know if this is real?"

"Trust me." The woman watched as he gave her a confused look. She then reached down and attached Hyorimaru to her own back and watched as he began to panic. "Come with me and you stay with Hyorimaru. Please Hitsugaya Taicho."

She watched as he reached out tentatively for her sleeve, but then he stood up and followed after her. "Goodness knows I hope he's not picking up on how nervous I am about this situation."