Back Track

The sun shining down on the park didn't erase the feeling of dread that Matsumoto Rangiku felt eating away at the back of her mind. She always argued with her zampaktuo, but this time things were becoming rather agitated between the two of them. It was almost as if both she and Haineko knew something bad was going to happen.

"You need to learn to relax under stressful situations rather then thinking about all your worries at once." The female zampaktuo purred into her ear.

"Why shouldn't I be worried? My small taicho may have won that battle, but I am not blind to the fact he barely made it out alive." Rangiku found her face twisting up.

"Learn Bankai. If you learned to do that then you could protect him no matter what happens." The cat let out a laugh. "I wonder where this need to protect a child who isn't yours comes from exactly?"

"Baka! There is no way I could learn Bankai within such a short amount of time!" The woman also continued. "Not to mention it is the duty of the Fukutaicho to protect her captain no matter what."

"Really?" This comment from the zampaktuo caused Rangiku to go off on the blade. Without realizing it she had said somethings out loud and she found herself arguing with Yumichika as he tried himself to communicate with his zampaktuo. This simply added to her stress issue as she glared at the male from the eleventh division.

"Would you two just shut up already?" This comment caused Rangiku to turn her pale blue eyes towards the speaker. Her small taicho glared at her with his bright teal eyes telling her flat out that he wasn't pleased with his meditation being interrupted.

"He's always been like this," The busty female found herself smiling at the boy. The smile didn't last long due to the fact they soon found Espada upon them. Many things happened, including Urahara showing up to help fight and that new number six playing with them cruelly with those arms of his. Thankfully her small taicho came back and froze the person.

Her pale blue eyes went wide as a figure with black hair and eyes the color of her small taicho's suddenly appeared behind the child prodigy. From the corner of her eye she could tell that the two men from division eleven were as surprised as she was as to what was going on. Before anyone could say anything or anyone could move, the man brought the side of his hand down upon the boy's neck in a chopping motion.

The hand hit a sensitive spot and Rangiku watched as her small taicho's bright teal eyes suddenly rolled back into his head and his hand let go of the blade in his hand. His small body began to drop as his Bankai began to disperse. Despite the fact the man had ice on his hand he looped his arm under the boy's midsection and scooped him up.

The woman's pale blue eyes stared at the limp form held in the thin arrancar's arm. However, her attention was switched to the shattering of the ice prison her small taicho had set up. Her mouth opened in horror as only select things could dispel that particular attack and her small taicho falling unconscious was not one of them.

The Arrancar were enveloped in light and they began to lift up. The new number six waved at them with a smile on his face. "It looks like I'll get to play with that uncivilized brat some more."

Rangiku found herself lunging forward only to have Ikkaku grab her shoulder. The look in his eyes was stern. "I may be crazy for battle but I am not crazy enough to not know that is impossible to break past."

Her pale blue eyes turned towards the leaving figures frantically. A chill went up her spine and she felt the rage building in her chest. She glanced down at the ground as Urahara walked across the sky towards her. "Now why would Aizen want the small taicho I wonder?"

"How should I know!" The female snapped at the man in frustration. "He's supposed to be going after the kings seal isn't he?"

M

Ichigo knew that his friends were in trouble and he knew that he had to rescue them from the problems they were facing. Thus he moved out without a thought about how his powers had a time limit on them. His mood was dark and he found himself ripping into Grimmjow. Of course, the tables turned upon him and he had Rukia and then Shinji showing up to help.

Suddenly though, Grimmjow was disappearing in a flash of light while the two still standing glared after him. The female shinigami spoke up with venom in her tone. "Something is off. Why would they retreat like this?"

Before the blond haired Vizard could speak up a door opened up. Orihime came through the gate with a worried look on her face. As the two shinigami stared at Shinji only to be knocked suddenly unconscious by him the busty female ran over to heal Ichigo. Rukia turned on the man. "What was that for?"

"You wouldn't know our past with Soul Society but they possibly might." The man glanced over at Ichigo. "Someones spiritual pressure disappeared." Shinji commented as he twisted a finger in his ear as Ichigo opened his eyes up. "Of course, Ichigo wouldn't know that for the time of day."

"There are only a few spiritual pressures I can tell apart. The old man. Kenpachi. To..." The orange haired teen found himself pausing. "I can't feel Toshiro's presence anymore."

The female Kuchiki pulled out her soul phone. "I'll call and see what is going on."

"Who is this Toshiro person?" The blond haired man gave a distant look on the subject. "Of course, if he is a shinigami I really don't care what happens to him."

Rukia spoke in whispered tones on the phone. Here eyes betrayed that something was wrong. When she finally spoke up her words caused chills to run down Ichigo's spine. "Hitsugaya Taicho was kidnapped by the Arrancar."

"A captain being kidnapped?" Shinji let out a chuckle. Upon seeing the looks on Rukia and Orihime's face he paused. "It isn't as if he is a little kid."

The busty female glanced back at Ichigo. "Actually... Toshiro-kun is around Kurosaki's sister height wise."

The blond haired Vizard folded his arms across his chest. "Hiyori is short."

"Toshiro doesn't like being called a kid but he is one." Ichigo stated weakly as he looked up at the Vizard through the corner of the eye.

"This has nothing to do with us." The man turned to leave. "I've never understood why Soul Society is obsessed with child geniuses. They end up ruining them in the end like this."