Jungkook had to show if he's safe to live around with, especially their five year old child. That kid can't witness his appa relapse and murder someone in cold blood.

“So you've already made your decision” Taehyung stated dryly.

He was disappointed that Jimin was even entertaining this idea of giving Jungkook a second chance.

“Tae it's not that simple. Minkook needs his appa. You know people question us if he's adopted whenever we go out because he doesn't resemble either of us! He'll eventually find out who his real appa is, then I'll have answer to him. I don't want him to lose trust in me like that” Jimin explained.

“Jungkook killed your whole family Jimin! Have you forgiven him for that?!” Taehyung questioned in anger, jaws clenched together.

He can't understand why his friend is ready to jump back into a life with his kidnapper and family killer.

“I haven't! Nor do I want to hold it against him. He deserves a second chance, my child deserves his appa” Jimin raised his voice a little because he didn't like Taehyung bringing up his family's death.

He had recovered!

“I'm sorry Minnie” Taehyung apologized in a soft voice, understanding he crossed a line.

“It's okay Tae. Honestly, I don't want to hurt you but he needs a chance. You know he's never been taught to be normal, that's why he acted like that” Jimin explained and Taehyung nodded his head.

“That doesn't justify his actions Minnie” Taehyung said and Jimin sighed.

“I know it doesn't, but we also can't shun him because of it. Everyone deserves a second chance, despite how fucked up they are. He already showed that he wants to change, he has changed to a large extent” Jimin said and Taehyung sighed defeated.

“Alright, but I'm not letting you go unless it's absolutely confirmed that he's changed” Taehyung said and Jimin nodded with a small smile.

“Thank you Tae” Jimin hugged Taehyung who patted his back soothingly.

“You don't have to thank me Minnie” Tae smiled despite feeling his heart shattering to pieces.

After that Jimin excused himself to make a phone call, which further powdered Taehyung's shattered heart.

'As long as he's happy, I'm happy' Taehyung thought.

______________________________________

Jungkook picked his ringing handphone and answered it groggily. Upon hearing a melodious timid voice greeting him, he became wide awake.

“Baby!” Jungkook exclaimed, utterly ecstatic as every nerve in his body tingled with anticipation and nervousness.

He had fallen asleep exhausted when he had tried staying up waiting for Jimin's call. A huge part of him expected to be rejected despite Jimin's promise.

“So about that date…” Jimin's voice was laced with amusement which had brought a bunny like smile on Jungkook's face.

“I'll pick you up at 8 tonight” Jungkook said and Jimin agreed and wished Jungkook goodnight.

Both of them felt these giddy feelings aka butterflies swarming their stomachs.

It was like agreeing to go on a date with your first ever boyfriend, which was true in their case since none of them had dated anyone before.

______________________________________

7:30 PM, Jimin's apartment:

“I have nothing to wear!” Jimin said exasperated sitting in his boxers, in front of his closet, his clothes littered all around the bedroom.