Chapter Five: Pranks, a Dog, and Chopstick Failure

ابدأ من البداية

“I know I’m pretty and all but… why the staring?”

“You’re reaaaalllyyyy preeeetttyy.”

I tried to hide my blush, “Sooooo…. What do you want to do today?”

“Hm… I don’t know. Do you have anything?”

“We could go see a movie or something.”

“Sure.”

   Walking back upstairs I got on a pair of boots and my purse and phone. Putting on the rest of my makeup I went back downstairs to see Andy waiting there. He grinned at me as I came down and put his arm over my shoulders.

   Making our way out of the house we went over to my car and I tossed him the keys. Unlocking the doors we got in and Andy started it up. As we drove to the movie theater we were constantly joking around. As we paid for our tickets and concessions we sat down in our seats to wait for the movie to start.

   Half way through the movie he moved his arm over my shoulders and pulled me closer. Blushing slightly I was glad for the darkness of the movie theater; he was really trying to get that kiss. Settling back I got back into the movie again.

   By the time it was finished it was only about one in the afternoon or so. Checking my phone revealed that there were no messages from Val or Chance; seemed that they were busy with each other still. Putting my phone back Andy and I decided to stop at the food court for something to eat. Andy went to get the food while I got us a table. Sitting there I was playing around on my phone when someone sat down next to me. Looking up my breath was taken away; it was Mitch, my ex.

   Mitch looked at me and grinned, “It’s been awhile my sweet.” He purred. Mitch really hadn’t changed at all. Same blonde hair, same dark eyes, same cocky attitude.  I slid a bit away from him but he remedied that by scooting closer; he really was more persistent than ever.

“You know darling I really missed you.” He said while stroking my arm.

I held back the urge to puke; he was still as scummy as before what did I ever see in him? “That’s nice but I can honestly say that I haven’t missed you.”

“Oh come now; you and both know that it’s not true. You miss me and I know it.”

“Mitch I wouldn’t miss you if my life depended on it.”

“Is this guy bothering you Senna?” Andy asked as he came back with pizza and drinks.

“It’s cool Andy; he’s not w-”

“Who are you?” Mitch asked.

“He-”

“I believe that I was asking him not you.”

“Chill man I’m Andy.”

Mitch’s gaze darkened, “Is he your boyfriend?”

“What if I was?”

“Back off guys; Mitch don’t you have some skank to see?” I cut in; this was getting ridiculous.

“Stay away from her; she’s mine.” Mitch then got up and left before Andy could even retort.

   I watched Mitch as he stormed away from us; how the hell had he figured out where I was? Still I couldn’t believe that Mitch was even acting like that. When we had been dating he was nice and treated me like a queen. However when I caught him cheating on me that was that.

   My thoughts were interrupted by Andy nudging me gently. Looking up at him I blinked with big eyes; how long had I been spacing on him? His eyes revealed worry in them and I could tell that he really did care about me; it was scary.

“Are you okay?” He asked.

I nodded, “Yeah it was just a bit of a shock to see him.”

“Who was he?”