Chess

Wanda's POV
I saw Vision fidgeting with a chess piece. He taught me how to play a while back. He seemed sad, and I know why. His intention was never to do anything to Rhodey, it was to help me. "Wanna play" I said snapping him out of his thoughts. "Of course" he said with a slight smile but I know it's fake. His moves were really bad. He was usually incredible at this but he kept thinking about what had happened, I could sense it. "Checkmate" I said after like 5 minutes of playing. "Congratulations" he said, returning to his thoughts. I got up from the couch and moved next to him. "It's not your fault, you know" I tried to help. He was silent for a minute, looking down. "You we're trying to help me, he's fine" I said. "He's not, I shouldn't have done it" he said looking down. "Starks made the.. things. He's gonna walk in no time, I promise" I said, moving my hand up and down his arm. "But he shouldn't have had to make them. He should've been able to walk by himself" Vision said slowly. "He doesn't blame you" I said. "But he should" he said. I was shocked by that last part, Vision should never feel that way, ever. He left a few seconds later.

I found him on the roof, looking at the city. Sometimes he went up there to just enjoy the view. "It's beautiful isn't it?" I asked sitting next to him. He looked over at me. "It is" he said and turned back. "I, Pietro said he wouldn't leave me alone and I told him to go" I said. Tears started going down my eyes. "I told him I could handle myself and he left" I said with even more tears. "And then Is aw him get shot with a hundred bullets. For weeks I felt like I, like I shouldn't have let him go. I thought it should've been me" I said. By this point I knew I was going to start crying a lot more and calmed myself down slowly. "You didn't kill anyone, and you, you didn't hurt anyone. He's gone on so many missions and wars, this was going to happen. Maybe worse could've happened. But you did not hurt him. You can only hurt some if they feel hurt and Rhodey, he doesn't blame you" I said wiping off tears. I think he didn't know what to say so he just nodded seriously. I got up and left.

The next morning I woke up and saw some pancakes, bacon and eggs and tea on my desk with a note.

Thank you very much for helping me yesterday, I truly appreciate it.

Just so you know, I did not make these. I can't cook, as you know.

I smiled at the last part because I know it's true. I went to his room but he was sleeping so I left. I didn't know he needed sleep, probably because he always stayed up with me when I had nightmares.