~Rise~

Make sure to check out my latest 'Wattpad Tips' if you're struggling to write your story :)

They don't speak our language
They say we're too savage
No, no we don't need them anymore

{Chapter 24. Rise}

~Olivia~

Julian and I sat in the back of the car alone while James drove and Blaire called shotgun. Julian's shoulder was slightly brushing mine and when I looked I just couldn't take my eyes off of him. He was just so... perfect. His dark hair flung on one side of his head, neater, like he combed it for the first time. His tux was just like James, a black jacket and pants with a tucked in white button-up shirt. Then there was just him, him being here tonight with me looking so happy just made my heart burst.

Then he was staring back at me with his golden eyes and this time he didn't joke about how hot he was, he just kept looking at me.

"You look beautiful," He whispered sending butterflies up my stomach.

"Wanna hear a secret?" I asked him and he leaned in close, "This is the first time I've worn a dress."

He snorted and looked at me and I held back my laughter. It wasn't a lie, when I was a kid I'd nag about being put in a dress for hours until my mother gave up and just bought me pants and a shirt.

"I don't believe you," He whispered and stared at me up and down intently, making me flush, "That dress looks like it was made just for you, like you've worn it a thousand times and looked just as gorgeous."

"Boohoo you two, stop with the lovey-dovey stuff and let's go, we're here," Blaire said, and I realised she was right, we were here. James got out to open the door for Blaire and Julian went to do the same but I quickly opened the car door myself.

He looked at me questioningly but I rolled my eyes at him, "I can do it myself thank you very much."

Julian laughed, "Sorry, I forgot who I was dealing with."

I groaned shoving him slightly, "Let's just go in, I'm tired of standing."

We walked in together and he held my hand comfortably in his own, I savored the warmth and gained the confidence to walk in. Pulling the curtains, we entered the gym and everything transformed before my eyes. The stands were pushed back leaving so much more space in the middle where all the students were busy dancing. Balloons flew on the ceiling with streamers hanging on the bars. I found Blaire already taking her shift at the DJ and new beats started playing from the speakers.

James waved at us and Julian turned to me, "I'll get us some punch." I could see peoples eyes on the both of us, well more on him than me, but I didn't mind or really, I didn't care. Amelia and some of the other girls on the team waved at me and I waved back, smiling kindly.

"You sure you don't want to head back and watch Netflix," I asked hopefully but Julian just grinned and disappeared in the crowd.

I sighed and turned to James, he just shook his head with a smirk, "Wanna dance, m'lady?"

"Why of course sir," I took his outstretched hand as we made our way towards the dance floor and I faked a British accent which sounded familiar to a Scottish/Irish accent. The beats were sick and I looked appreciatively to Blaire who had headphones on her head. In all honesty, I'm not a party person, I'm actually the opposite, I'm more likely to sit by myself eating the whole snack bar while everyone danced.

James jumped in front of me doing silly dance moves and I just laughed at him, swaying from side to side. I could play basketball and paint but I was terrible at dancing. I couldn't even find the beat.

"You look like you got ants in your pants!" James yelled over the music but I leaned in.

"What?!" I asked, seriously I couldn't hear anything.

"I said, you look like you have ants in your pants!" He yelled again his hair flinging in front of his face.

I rolled my eyes at him, "I'm not wearing pants!"

He lifted his eyebrows, "What?!"

"Mind if I cut in?" Julian suddenly appeared behind us, lifting two cups in the air.

We both turned around and yelled in sync, "What?!"

Julian motioned his head to the side and James got the hint. I wondered how they fixed the whole 'janitor's closet' problem? Probably gave each other a bro hug and forgot about it. 

Boys, I shrugged to myself.

Julian stepped in front of me at twirled me around and I smiled widely at the gesture. I didn't want to talk right now, actions spoke louder than words anyways, but he seemed to understand. He took both my hands in his and swayed us around and I giggled as my wavy hair bounced around.

From the corner of my eye I saw Brittany staring at us with sad eyes, standing alone by the food. I knew they weren't dating anymore. I turned to Julian who handed me some punch, "Give me a second."

I took his empty cup and walked towards the table, throwing away the cups but I could feel Brittany's eyes boring into the back of my head. I casually walked up to her noticing how gorgeous she looked despite being enemies since day one in Westside High. She was wearing a long silk dress that was off the shoulder and looked so smooth. It stuck to the upper half of her body than ran down her legs like snow.

Brittany put hands on her hips but I ignored her murderous stare and said, "We need to talk."

Author's Note

What do you think Olivia's about to do? 

~Don't forget to VOTE on the star~

Thank you all for being the best readers anyone could ask for, I really appreciate all your comments and feedback. I'll probably go through some major editing after this book is done but until then...

Signing out,

Queens Blade