~8 Letters~

You know me the best
You know my worst, see me hurt, but you don't judge
That, right there, is the scariest feeling
Opening and closing up again

{Chapter 23. 8 Letters}

~3rd Person~

The timer went off and the game was over. They won. Everything seemed to happen in slow motion. The last shot rolled on the ring multiple times before going in and the crowd jumped to their feet in joy. Everyone seemed to run down the stands cheering and Olivia's team screamed together and hugged, it was amazing. They were all sweaty and sticky but nobody cared, this was their day. They showed everybody that Westside High did have a girls basketball team, and they won the championships!

"Olivia!" That's when she was crushed by a hard body.

"I- Can't... Breath," She choked out, lying limp in Julian's strong arms.

He let go only slightly and kept hugging her.

"You do know that I'm sweating and a mess, right?" She asked, resting her chin on his shoulder.

"All I see is an angel," He whispered and she tried hard not to blush at the lame line.

"Liv! Honey!" Her dad yelled from behind and ripped away from Julian to run into her dads embrace. Blaire started to ramble at how amazing the game was and how they were sitting next to one of the scouts who took interest in her. But Olivia zoned out all the noise and glanced around at the smiled on everyone's faces.

They shook hands with the other team, then collected their trophy. After taking a picture and talking to every member in her team, Olivia, Blaire, and her father walked out of the school.

"Woods," Julian leaned on a wall and Olivia raised her eyebrows at him, "I'll pick you up at seven."

Then that's when she remembers, he doesn't know where she lives. He can't find out where she lives.

"That's alright. I'll meet you there," She replied, biting her lip nervously.

He stared at her with surprise then shook his head multiple times, "No way. That's not how it works. Send me your location or I'll track you down."

"Julian," She sighs, "Please don't come."

Then he was walking to her and she continued to look at her shoes, trying to tell him that's it not worth a fight. Seriously, why can't he just listen to her for once.

"What's wrong?"

"It's nothing," Olivia said but Julian pulled her chin so that they were looking at each other, "I-My dad and I don't really have enough money... and it's hard to live- my house-its-"

"I don't care how your house looks like or how much money you have. I like you for you Olivia, don't push me away like before," He pleads, playing with her blonde hair delicately. She leans into his touch, loving how warm his hands were when it sent sparks in her body.

Olivia just thinks about how lucky she is. Is this true love? Has she finally been given a chance of happiness, even after all the heart shattering moments in her life?

"Ok. Blaire will text you later."

"Why can't you?"

"I kind of threw my phone across the room and it broke," She explained shyly and Julian laughed.

"Seven o'clock?" He nodded, stuffing his hands in his leather jacket.

"Seven o'clock."

~

Before I had anytime to register an earthquake was coming she blasted into my room, slamming my door open with a bang and shook the entire floor.

"I'm not going shopping," I grumbled, grabbing a protein bar from the kitchen cabinet and biting it.

"You don't have a choice. I already booked a hair appointment for you," Blaire smiled, taking the protein bar from my mouth and dragging me to the door. I pulled out of her grip and jumped on the couch.

"I just want to watch Netflix, leave me alone," I mumbled, ignoring the specks of dust that came shooting out of the cushions.

Blaire rolled her eyes at me and put a hand on her hip, "And what exactly where you going to wear to prom?"

I shrugged. What? Prom isn't one of the top ten things that I had to do in high school, nor was it on my bucket list.

"Olivia Woods. We're going whether you like it or not, you need a dress and that's final," Blaire said in such a motherly tone that I rolled of the couch and stood in front of her.

"What about you? Where's your dress?" I asked, pointing at her accusingly.

"Unlike you I prepared everything before, let's go."

And I couldn't do anything about it. After being brutally waxed, with my hair pulled too many times thanks to the brush, and trying on multiple different dress, I was done. I was ready for prom and yet there was still three hours before Julian would even come.

Blaire delicately plopped both of our dresses on my bed and got started on putting on makeup. I looked at her as she drew black wings on both eyes.

"Who knew the geek was the master of the cosmetic arts?"

Blaire scoffed, putting on her contact lenses. I've never seen her without her glasses before.

"If you're asking me to do it for you, you could have just said so," She grinned and I didn't answer back because she was right. If I ever held a makeup pallet in my hand I'd think it were lipstick.

I wanted it natural and that's what she did and when I got into my dress and zipped up the back, I was shocked when I looked into the mirror. No way was I going out of the house looking like this.

The dress was short at the front and grew longer at the back. It was an ocean blue color that I just loved so much and was made in a v-neck line that opened up on my back. I felt open but also comfortable in the way it felt on me. Then my hair was let down, which looked pretty weird on me since I always tied it up, and curled into blonde waves. Blaire paid for everything and even though I begged her not to, she wouldn't have it. How did I get such an amazing best friend.

The bell rang from downstairs and we both looked at each other with glee, so not something I'd normally do. I can't believe I was actually going to my first sophomore prom.

"You ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be," I smiled, slinging an arm through hers as we were greeted by Julian and James. And damn they were hot in tux's.

"Prom, here we come!"

Author's Note

You thought this book was over ;) Get ready for the best few chapters of your lives! If you haven't already make sure to check out my new book 'Oceans Insanity' if you like a summer story filled with all your beachy needs.

So excited to write the next chapter! I've watched a lot of cliche Netflix movies so I'm prepared.

~Don't forget to VOTE on the star and COMMENT your thoughts~

Signing out,

Queens Blade