~Ocean Eyes~

I've been watching you
For some time
Can't stop staring
At those oceans eyes

{Chapter 21. Ocean Eyes}

~3rd Person~

                 Oliva's dad left the two girls alone. Olivia pushed herself up so that she was sitting on her hospital bed. She patted the space beside her and Blaire hesitantly walked towards her. Olivia didn't give her a chance to speak before she started to apologize, "I'm really sorry Blaire. I wasn't a good friend, I don't know what I was thinking."

Blaire looked at her through her lenses with amusement. Olivia stopped.

"What's so funny?" She pouts.

                "I honestly can't take you seriously right now," Blaire laughs and her frown deepens, "Oh come on, I'm the one who's supposed to be apologizing!"

                  Blaire shifts on the bed and sighs, "I chose a boy over a friendship and that's a total jerk move. I just- I like James, like a lot, and I used that against you."

                Olivia doesn't speak, she just listens. Olivia didn't know how this worked but from all the shows she's Bing watched on Netflix, this was going pretty well. Also judging by the fact that she's never had a friend since she was five, and smiled a bit at the memory of apologizing to a kid after stealing their gummi bears.

               "Plusss I tracked the message you texted me and found out the location of the phone when it was sent," Blaire grins and Olivia's about to ask how she did it but she beat her to it, "Don't ask. So, either you were all the way in Italy on Monday or someone hacked into your sim card and framed you."

                 Olivia bursts out into a fit of laughter, "Gosh this turning into some Soap Opera, eh?"

                Blaire giggles and then turns so she was looking at her cast, "How are you, anyways?"

                She shrugs, "Been better. Hurts when I move it. Just to be sure, we're cool, right?"

Blaire smiles, her freckles popping out in the light, "Yes, we are."

                They stay together for a while before Blaire says she has to leave, "Got to go join the prom committee, what's prom without some lights and music?"

                 "What?! I didn't know you DJ'd?" Olivia exclaims, ignoring the fact that she had completely forgotten prom was only a month away, a day after the championship which was fortunately in the states. Scouts would be there, so many scouts to decide her future. If she could even play.

                  She waves her friend away and is left alone in her room once more. Two visits in one day, wow was she famous.

                  Other than the fact that the whole team rallied together to visit her the next day with cards, chocolate and stuffed animals, she was basically stuck in the same room for 48 hours. You get bored of white walls fast. Yet, she couldn't ignore the feeling of wanting to see Julian magically appear at her door.

                  "Got your stuff?" Her dad, held a bag full of the gifts and signed her out of the hospital. If she spent one more minute eating their food she'd throw up everything she didn't eat.

                   "McDonalds?" She grins to her dad, loving how close they got over night. She would kill for a burger and some fries.

                   "Hard to stay on my diet with you around," He smiles at her and she just shrugs, too tired to explain in a PowerPoint about how A. he was totally fit and B. he doesn't do diets.

                   "What's going on?" She grins at him, noticing he also cut his brown hair and pushed it back with gel.

                  "What do you mean?" He asks, walking beside her as they leave the hospital and enter their tiny vehicle. She knew her father well enough to figure out when he was lying.

                 "Oh please, don't give me that innocent answer, are you going on a date?" Olivia got in the car while she struggled with her crutches. Her dad helped her in and made sure she was comfortable before getting in the car and starting the ignition.

                  "It's not formally a date. I mean we never discussed it as so—" He looked worriedly at the road in front of him as he drove stiffly.

"Dad-dad! It's okay. Have fun," She reassured him, squeezing his hard hand.

                  He let out a sigh, "Honey, I won't go if you don't want me to. I know it's too early for this."

                  She stared and stared at her dad. At his face that seemed to be redeemed of all wrinkles and looked younger, more alive, since a long time. She wouldn't keep her dad from being happy.

                  "You have my permission," And she meant it. It's been more than 15 years, even though she would never get over her grief that was deep within her, she knew it would only take time to fill that hole in her heart. It was only a date, but she was happy for her dad, happy that he was finding joy in his life again.

                  "Alright. Going off topic, the school has allowed you some resting days at home so take your time healing your ankle," It was more of an order but Olivia nodded at her dad anyways.

                    It was a couple of weeks at home where she was bored 24/7 that she finally got to go back to school. No crutches this time, just a light cast around her ankle. People smiled and waved when she walked through the halls. Strangers asked if she was okay and she didn't ignore them like she would have in her other schools. Amelia and the rest of the team ran straight to her for a group hug and Blaire stood by her the whole time.

                    The game was in a couple of days, and not to mention, prom right after. But she wasn't obsessed over the idea of not playing, she would be there for her team. Either on the bleachers cheering or on the court playing. They all deserved this and she didn't need to worry about college that much. She could skip a year or two, right?

                     But all that thinking didn't matter because the day before all the basketball scouts were coming to their school for the championships, Olivia went to the doctor one last time. Her cast was removed, her ankle was tested, and after a few steps she felt all the strength return to her legs.

                   She was playing tomorrow. In Westside Highs girl's basketball team since three years. And they were going to win.

Authors Note

AWw lucky she has a prom! Anyone been to homecoming? Spring Fling? Prom? Billie Eilish is so damn pretty! I'm in love with her songs rn. CopyCat, lovely and Ocean Eyes are my top three favourites. 

Reminder: If you need a cover check out my cover request book (Free)

~Don't forget to VOTE on the star and COMMENT~

Signing out, 

Queens Blade