~Something Big~

When they hear you when you thought they wouldn't listen
It's like an anthem that the whole worlds singing

{Chapter 17. Something Big}

~Julian~

            By midnight the boys and I were lying in the living room watching a movie with the girls. We were stuck between the Netflix shows 'The Kissing Booth' and 'Ride Along'. By democracy vote, basically 15 girls against four boys, we ended up watching The Kissing Booth and by the time Noah and Lee had a fight over Elle half of us were crying or yelling at the TV. Who could blame us? We were all wasted anyways?

           I carry my half-sober body to the kitchen and stop midway when I find James and Blaire in a heated conversation. I tiptoed backwards and went to go freshen up in the bathroom. What? Ever heard of the bro-code? Wingman?

          I splashed water on my face and stared at myself in the mirror. My face was so worn out that my eyes were barely open and my black hair was shaggy and messed up. I lazily put my fingers through the waves and trudge downstairs almost bumping into a slim figure.

"Sorry," I mumble, continuing my way down.

          I hear the person sniffle a cry and I look back to see Blaire running to the nearest room. I scrunch my eyebrows and head down, looking for James. Something happened and I'm silently praying that he had nothing to do with it.

         I see Olivia in the kitchen and try to walk away without being spotted but then she calls my name.

I smile weakly and hop onto the counter, looking down at her.

         "Have you seen James?" Thank my dumb brain for mustering up the worst conversation starter.

          "Probably with Blaire somewhere," She shrugs and I want so badly to tell her about her friend that was currently balling her eyes out but instead I nod selfishly.

"Your girlfriend doesn't mind you being here?" Olivia asks, sipping from her lemonade.

I frown at her really hoping this conversation would never come up today.

           "Not really, she doesn't need to know everything," I say simply trying to telepathically talk to her and say, 'She doesn't know about the kiss'. I figured she'd relax after but instead she looks at me questioningly, "Why not?"

           I didn't know what to answer, was she talking about the sleepover or the kiss? When I don't speak she twirls a finger in her blonde hair that I often wanted to touch- stop it! I scolded my teenage hormones.

            "Regional's in a week," She states and I keep my face still. There she goes again, talking about basketball. I never got why she took it so seriously, she acted like every minute was all a game to her. A tactic to win.

              "I don't get you Olivia, why do you take the team so seriously?" I say swinging my legs back and forth on the counter. She looks at me and then down at her shoes.

"It's none of your business," She hisses.

I hop off and walk into her personal boundaries, "Then I'll make it my business."

             She shoves me and my eyes widen, "You don't get to do that! You can't just give me one of your charming smiles and expect me to blurt out everything like every other girl!"

I take a step back, "What? Is that what you think of me?"

            "Just stop okay. You don't know anything about me. You don't know how much I hated you when we met or how after I got to know you I was blinded by the difference between hate and love. I like you, okay! So, stop being such a damned fool and go back to your girlfriend!"

            She was breathing heavily after and I was sure that everyone in this house was caught up with the Baker and Woods Show.

             I wanted to kiss her right then and right there, make everything okay, and tell her that I didn't care about Brittany anymore, that I'd break up with her the next time I saw her. But something in the way she looked at me told me not to, that all she needed was time now.

             "Okay, got it," I shake my head not looking at her at all before I walked out, out of the kitchen and out of the house until I was in Amelia's garden. I saw James sitting on the steps with his head in his hands.

He spun around to see who it was and when he knew it was me he dug his head back into his body.

"I'm sorry man, for whatever happened," I patted his back and sat next to him.

           "Me too," He murmured and we sat there for who knows how long hearing the music and screams of the girls inside. I didn't think twice before asking James, "Wanna head out?"

He looks at me with his sullen eyes, "Where?"

I stand and pull him up with me, "Who cares."

Authors Note

I'm actually obsessed with the movie 'The Kissing Booth'! I'm a big Nelle fan, but who isn't ahaha? Really don't know what to write for ya'll maybe a few updates I guess? a) If you need a cover then check out my new book. b) Don't be afraid to comment your thoughts. Don't be a silent reader. c) I removed my shadowhunters fan-fiction since it wasnt getting much attention and I couldn't really find the inspiration. 

Signing out, 

Queens Blade