~No Tears Left To Cry~

Right now, I'm in a state of mind
I wanna be in, like, all the time
Ain't got no tears left to cry

{Chapter 14. No Tears Left To Cry}

~Julian~

I felt myself smile when I saw the group of girls hugging and laughing giddily once the tryouts were over. And Olivia, just stuck in the middle of it all was flushed and happy.

I scratched my neck as my eyes diverted to the watch on my wrist and I stared at the time.

Cursing under my breath I ran out of the gym and down the steps, swearing over again. The hospital was closing in less than an hour.

I jump into my car and start up the engine, looking at the road while rummaging through the number of objects on the car seat next to me. My fingers land on something fluffy and I pull out of the sheets of paper and bags.

Oh god, mom's going to kill me if I don't make it. I park quickly and run through the automatic doors of the hospital.

"Afternoon Julian," Laura, the receptionist, says, giving me an understanding look. I nod at her making my way past doctors and patients in a hurry. I sprint down the corridor and take turns that are all too familiar to me. Once I make it the door that read '394' I pant heavily, trying to calm down while my veins pump from the rush of adrenaline.

I open the door and my breath hitches when I see the small figure lying on the hospital bed.

"Hey Bree," I whisper, my voice cracks a bit when I see my sisters motionless body laying peacefully, in a deep sleep. The doctors keep telling me she can't hear anyone, but I don't doubt that somewhere and somehow, she's listening, and that thought is at least comforting.

"I brought you something," I walk to her bed and sit on the side, putting the bear between her tiny, pale hands, "His name's Cuddles and he was looking for a home."

I put the one lily that I bought on the side table that was filled with different toys and cards.

"We all miss you so much. Moms alright, she finally convinced Scar to take ballet lessons," I laughed light-heartedly remembering Scarlett's tantrum where Mason had to hold her down before she went crazy mad, "Skylar's the same. Can't get her to look up unless any foods involved."

"It's not the same without you," I sigh and tuck her brown hair behind her ear. "And me, well, I'm a mess. My whole life is. There's this new girl, and she's... she's really something. And I don't know how I feel, but I'm with Brittany and I-I like Brittany."

I run a hand through my dark hair and take my hand in hers with my thumb caressing the back of her hand.

"I know what you would do if you were here, probably smack me on the head with your doll like a wakeup call. She kissed me Bree, and I liked it. I'm horrible at everything. I can't be the boyfriend Brittany wants me to be, I'm not a good friend because I'm keeping secrets from the guys. What should I do?-"

I stop and close my eyes. It was good letting everything out, even when she couldn't say anything back, just her presence was reassuring. I look at the clock hanging on the plain walls and then look back at my sister's fragile face. Her eyelids were closed and he wished badly that he'd get to see her crystal blue eyes soon.

"I know you can fight this okay, wake up, I'll be there when you do baby girl," I put my lips against her forehead and kissed her before backing away and looking at her for a couple more minutes. I got up and the bed creaked beneath me. I fluffed her pillow softly and squeezed her small hand before walking away.

I don't look back when I trudge towards the door and close it behind me.

The next week goes past almost in some sort of routine. I avoided Olivia as much as I could in school and left practice before she could even mutter a single word. I knew what I was doing wrong and I don't know why I do it. Maybe I do. Maybe it's because I'm just too scared to hear what she might say.

I shut my locker just as the bell rang and students filled into their classes. I curse and run, knowing my class was halfway across the school. I turn down a corridor and see someone stop a couple of feet away from me.

"Olivia?"

Authors Note

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, it's summer break and I'm really in the mood to just relax and swim. Will still publish though, can't wait to get out of Cuba! Finally get to explore London for the first time (^o^)

~Don't forget to VOTE on the star and COMMENT~

Signing out,
Queens Blade